Return to Me Reviews

• Nov 19, 2018

I'm surprised this doesn't have a higher score. This became one of my favorite movies when i first saw it. I have seen it repeatedly since. I think there has to be something deeply wrong with anyone who didn't like it. First, kudos to Bonnie Hunt for her writing, directing, and acting. I don't care if anyone finds the romantic plot sappy or predictable or unbelievable - I didn't and I found it all very emotional and endearing. I think the Cast is excellent. What a freaking fantastic ensemble! All the leads are excellent but that supporting cast is like the best heavy hitting dream baseball team. I love that i both laughed and cried - I know that sounds cliche' but it's more true for this movie than any other I have seen. Bonnie Hunt's genius is that she serves up realism in such a recognizable way. I'm one of those people who loves that stuff - I pay attention the little things and there is a lot of "little things" happening in this movie. The business of life is happening all around in every scene and I recommend watching it more than once because you might find you missed some fun moments and great lines on the first viewing. Some of my favorite moments (without giving too much away) 1. David Dechovny and David Allen Greir share a short emotional moment early on in the movie that makes me cry EVERY TIME. Kudos to them for their performances and kudos to Bonnie for making this beautiful moment happen between two male friends. We don't see men getting that emotional, crying, and offering support to eachother that way too often in the movies (especially with straight guys) and I wish we saw that more often. Attention movie makers - pay attention - we need more of that. 2. Any time Bonnie Hunt and Jim Belushi are on screen together as this married couple with kids is a pure hilarious joy. So much humor, love, and realism. Very down-to-earth and familiar. I know these people. I like them. The kids make the picture complete and add to the humor. 3. The older generation characters lead by Carroll O'conner and Robert Logia. Holy cow.... I wanted to take all of them home with me and I truly believe O'conner delivered one of this best performances ever in this film and it was his last - which I find a fitting tribute. Joely Richardson deserves credit for her work in the beginning of the film as much as Duchovny and Driver do for their leading roles in the rest of the film. I liked these characters. I cared about them. I could have been friends with them. I love how it all came together. I think th is movie is greatly underappreciated. One of my all time favorites for sure.

• Sep 06, 2018

I don't care what the critics have to say. I absolutely love this movie and have watched it many times. I'm not much for romance, but the story, the cast and the music make me smile.

• Feb 14, 2018

My wife and I have watched this movie every Valentine's day since 2003. Great movie!!

• Jul 10, 2017

A charming and sweet little movie.

A charming and sweet little movie.

• Nov 05, 2016

Loved the cast...great chemistry between all...characters seemed so natural and real. Have watched it over 12 times with friends.

• Oct 27, 2016

Such a beautiful movie.

Such a beautiful movie.

• Mar 05, 2016

Cozy and adorable...but not like in a cute way. I liked the character interactions, easy going and not over the top.

• Dec 14, 2015

It's an acceptable romantic film, but it just feels like it's missing something? Where's the spark? Where's the magic? To me romantic films need to have a challenge of some sort that the couple can confront and vanquish, but this here the romance just feels too easy for me. You don't get a sense that these guys are struggling imo.

• Nov 29, 2015

A good, solid chick flick.

A good, solid chick flick.

• Jul 26, 2015

I love this movie! I've probably seen it 50 times!

I love this movie! I've probably seen it 50 times!