Return to Never Land - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return to Never Land Reviews

June 26, 2017
Return to never land DVD and video
June 10, 2017
You know what? I don't care if this was released in theaters, I'm calling this a direct-to-video Disney sequel since it has the quality of one! The animation does look good, I'll give it two stars for that, but it doesn't matter how good you make the animation look when you take the lazy route and just recycle plot elements from the first Peter Pan film.
½ February 13, 2017
Basically a Disney animated rehash of the much better executed Hook. 2.5/5.
January 29, 2017
Offers enough playful fun to entertain the preschool set while embracing a wholesome attitude.
½ December 10, 2016
Probably the worst Disney sequel
½ November 26, 2016
This was a terrible sequel, just like the jungle book 2 and the lion king 2.
½ October 20, 2016
Didn't need to be made, and I'm not a fan of all the pop-songs in this sequel, but there are somethings that i actually liked. Nothing great, but It's not awful by any means.
½ September 30, 2016
This is among the very best of Disney's Animated Classic sequels. Fun and faithful to the tone of the original, it makes some interesting choices about how childhood is affected by trauma, specifically war. Sure the animation is cheap and the songs are worse (ok, FAR worse), but for what it is, it's actually soaring fun.
August 11, 2016
Return to Neverland is a treat for Peter Pan fans, that being said, non-fans can just skip it.
May 20, 2016
All Disney animated sequels are release as direct-to-video only, I think the former is better than the latter!
½ May 10, 2016
It's dark and it has some suprisingly interesting moments, but this sequel is forgettable and lacks what made the the original great.
March 21, 2016
A comienzos del nuevo milenio la Disney realizó muchas versiones de sus antiguos clásicos, en su mayoría, realizando muy malas continuaciones... pero esta es una de esas excepciones.
February 9, 2016
You don't need a freaking sequel to everything!
January 10, 2016
Unlike other Disney animated sequels, this one actually felt like a lot of effort and purpose went into making this movie. It actually felt like a part of the continuing story rather than just an unnecessary cash grab.
November 13, 2015
Return to Never Land is not anything like the original Disney masterpiece, but it has its moments and the ending is enough to make any fan of the original film tear up a bit.
½ November 2, 2015
Seriously, one of the worst Disney sequels I have ever seen. The story follows Wendy's daughter, Jane, as she is mistaken for her mother and is kidnapped by Captain Hook and brought to Never Land. And, that, is my main problem with this movie. When I think of a sequel to Peter Pan, I think of Wendy going back to Never Land with Peter Pan and fighting off Hook and his crew.

Her daughter isn't even interesting. She's a whiny, boring, and snotty girl that doesn't even act like a girl her age. I'm throwing a random guess and I'll just say that she's 11 or 12. She acts and thinks she's an adult, but they don't even give reason as to why she's like that. They did show some past of when her father left for the war when she was younger, but that doesn't explain why she's so snotty. I guess they're trying to convey that because she doesn't have a father figure, she feels like she has to be the second adult in the house, especially when you consider that Wendy is always talking about a make believe character.

But, they don't really go into it and explain it, she's just sort of....like that. Peter Pan himself is okay. The Lost Boys can be a bit annoying, but not too bad. The only character I really hate is Wendy's daughter. She's just despicable and obnoxious.

She actually makes a deal with Hook when he says that he'll take her back home if she helps him get the treasure Peter Pan has stolen from him. I mean, how stupid can a character be? Not only does she actually believe him, but she knows she's going to have to LIE to Peter and the boys in order to help Hook. Then, she goes through that whole I-was-such-a-jerk-and-now-I'm-nice-because-another-character's-life-was-on-the-line-because-of-my-stubborn-attitude phase.

The movie is okay for kids if you just want to have them sit down and be babysat by the TV for an hour and a half. Seriously a disappointment to anyone who saw the first one. This film hows little-to-no Never Land, and it just really takes out any of the fun and imagination from the first one.
½ October 11, 2015
Much more overtly childish than the first, and lacking the spark and originality that made the first so great, but it gets by on it's still great characters and classic visuals.
½ March 7, 2015
starts out good like a Narnia movie but goes down hill when they go to neverland
like instead of a crocodile there's an Octopus like WTF and if your wondering what happened to John and Michel good for you they never freaking tell us the only thing people remember from this movie i the ill try song
January 21, 2015
Unforgettable and magical movie, perfect to watch in family. I totally recommend you Return to Never Land, as it is as good as the first one and you'll enjoy every second of it with its trama, music and characters. It deserves more than five stars!