Return to the Blue Lagoon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return to the Blue Lagoon Reviews

January 21, 2017
A little less traumatic than the first film, but it's basically the same film.
½ August 20, 2016
I didn't like the movie because at the end of the first movie when they were found it ended with them all alive but at the beginning of this one Richard and Emily are dead and the baby is alive.
May 24, 2015
When I first saw this I really like this, but then again, I was a 12 year old boy and Milla Jovovich was hot. Now that I am older I can see it for what it truly is... ridiculous.
December 4, 2014
Don't waste your time. Please.
October 20, 2014
Didnt really get what was with all the bad reviews.
I thought the scenary and direction was pretty good and the dialogues were nice.
Not to mention,cute Milla :D Nice teenage romance movie,if you're just bored with nothing else to do in the house.
August 15, 2014
DREADFUL.....AWFUL....RUBBISH....DEPRESSING.....MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO BAD ITS JUST A COMPLETLEY DREADFUL MOVIE ITS SO SO SO SO BAD ITS JUST A COMPLETLEY DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH ITS SO AWFUL THIS IS SUCH A COMPLETLEY DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH ITS SO SO SO SO BAD IT IS ABSOLUTLEY RUBBISH THIS MOVIE IS SO DREADFUL ITS SUCH A REALLY REALLY REALLY COMPLETLEY DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH ITS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH,.... THIS IS SUCH A COMPLETLEY DREADFUL SEQUEL MOVIE 2 WATCH THE 1ST MOVIE WAS ABSOLUTLEY DREADFUL AS WELL THESE MOVIES ARE BOTH SO SO SO DREADFUL AVOID AT ALL COSTS THERE DREADFUL....
May 3, 2014
Okay it's official, The Blue Lagoon franchise is the most boring series of films EVER! Yeah I'm sure therem ight be even more boring films out there but I haven't seen it yet. Return To The Blue Lagoon is just as awfully written and awfully acted as it's predecessor. In fact, here's the big question: Why would anyone even think of a sequel to a movie like The Blue Lagoon? Really, this movie really should've been a straight to DVD release simply because for more than half the movie it's just The Blue Lagoon again.

So yeah I can't even really get into the plot because well... it's the same as the last film. Two kids and an adult get shipwrecked on the same freaking island as Christopher Atkins and Brooke Shields did before (what a wonderful coincidence). Eventually, the adult dies and the kids are left to run wild. Well there are a few differences. First of all, the adult castaway seems a little bit more competent and able to raise kids in a situation like this. However, something horrible happens... she starts talking. I'm not sure if it's the writing or the acting but yeah I can't take this woman (Lisa Pelikan) seriously at all. It just seems like she doesn't know how to explain grown up life to any of our castaway children. Along with that nonsense, our new cardboard teenagers are now Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil fame) and Brian Krause (Former Charmed star). Yeah... I think you now have an idea of why this movie cannot be taken seriously.

There is somewhat of a twist, but still it's barely a way to save this boring piece of cinema. We finally see our horrible acting savages interact with horrible acting civilized people. To be honest ,these scenes actually had potential to add something more to a film that pretty much had nothing going for it. However, it just adds contrived drama with no real payoff. We don't care about this new scenario because our new characters are not relatable or interesting in anyway. Just because you put the same type of characters in a different scenario, doesn't automatically make these two airheads bearable for almost 2 hours.

I really can't say much more about this sequel simply because it's just the same movie with a few twists and turns that lead to nowhere. The two leads are unbelievably boring, the writing is still unintentionally hilarious and of course it's a boring film in the most boring film series that shouldn't have been a series.
October 6, 2013
Not as good as the original but it is still worth watching.
July 18, 2013
My Favorite Romance Film Is 1939's Gone With The Wind.
½ March 8, 2013
No new ideas, it's basically the same story over again.
February 21, 2013
Nothing but bore.. nothing new to add, except for a new teen couple thrown into an isolated island.
½ January 7, 2013
An attempt to sequelize the original Blue Lagoon, which is effective in some places and pretty contrived in others.
½ December 20, 2012
I didn't think it was possible, but this is actually WORSE than the original.
December 14, 2012
A young Cast away return to live agrian!
December 7, 2012
Need to see and analyse this, could be very stimulating! Damn! hottie!
December 7, 2012
Eye candy movie. boo
November 3, 2012
It was a good movie but should of started where part one really left off on, which was they where all 3 still alive!
August 11, 2012
I was surprised Milla Jovovich played the leading part of the romance. Now I understand the she was the right actress for the role as the story is about life in nature. The movie was released in 1991 when she was 16, more than 10 years before 'Resident Evilā(TM).
August 8, 2012
gosh, this was a great,an all time favrite movie...