Revenge for Jolly! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Revenge for Jolly! Reviews

February 18, 2016
Harry (Brian Petsos) is an alcoholic, a degenerate gambler, and just an overall miserable person, but one thing does make him feel a little better, his chihuahua, Jolly. While Harry is out, a bad man comes looking for him, and when he doesn't find him, he leaves a warning, and hangs Jolly from the ceiling. Upon returning home, Harry finds Jolly and loses it before meeting up with his cousin Cecil (Oscar Issac). Together, they go on an alcohol fueled revenge trip. At first I thought this was supposed to be some kind of farce on Tarentino films, but soon realized it's not sophisticated enough for that. These two guys are drunk the whole film and I suppose their bumbling actions are supposed to be funny, but they are far from it. The Producers must have known this and that's why bigger names have cameos in just about every scene. No one can believe this is all over a dog, what I can't believe is that the two leads weren't re-cast after the first day of filming. I really am at a lose to think of a comedy that was less funny than this. I gave it one star, because of the appearance by Elijah Wood, which was absolutely the only reason anyone should even think about seeing this piece of trash. Other than that, Revenge For Jolly! is just another independent comedy, that falls flat on it's face.
½ October 29, 2015
Despite all the stupidity, there's still a few good laughs in the script.
October 28, 2015
Boring, not funny, and completely stupid.
October 20, 2015
I loved this movie ! Lots of unpredictable action. Highly recommend.
August 8, 2015
Two cousins go on a blood drenched revenge mission when one of the cousins pet dog Is murdered.
½ August 6, 2015
Quite a stylish film, although seemingly unnecessarily violent, although I guess this is the point of it. Despite better than average production values it never really appeals with its message, nor are there any really likeable characters.
March 21, 2015
This movie wasn't that bad..didn't see the point but I didn't shut it off either.
January 31, 2015
Umm, what was the point?
½ September 2, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

(2012) Revenge For Jolly!

Co-written and starred Brian Petsos as Harry going on a killing spree to find and locate a hillbilly named Bachmeier(Ryan Phillipe) as a result of an unjust killing of his dog, named, Jolly.

Because it's supposed to be a dark comedy, I didn't think there was a single thing that was even remotely funny. It's only intentioned to specific demographic who can see through all of the senseless violence.

May 5, 2014
he really did love his dog didn't he?
what a random film there wasn't much of a point, story or plot to this movie and it wasnt particulally good yet i felt compelled to continue watching it
½ May 3, 2014
They should rename this movie to One Man & His Dog! Anyway, for some unknown reason, I actually enjoyed this crazy movie. The mad situations that the duo find themselves in, really made me laugh and they were shockingly, witty and quirky. The 2 actors that play the leads were a great choice by the director because they are total opposites. One man is completely focused on catching the guy who killed his dog, while the other guy is rational and just out to help cousin. The music throughout the movie, set the tempo well and it's obvious that other people liked the script, judging by the amount of stars that are in it. Anyway, it's a great roller coaster ride that ends abruptly, but will make you laugh. Enjoyable!

It's not very often that I say this about movies, but this film could have done with an extra half an hour. The storyline was well put together by the director, but there was some gaps that needed to be filled. I was hoping for a big showdown at the end, but the director chose to leave it up to the audience to come up with there own assumption. I haven't seen the guy that plays the lead before, so I can't really comment on his previous performances, but in this movie you do believe that he would die for his dog. Anyway, on the whole, it's worth a watch just for its originality and funny scenes.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there comedy thrillers about a man whose out to revenge the mysterious death of his dog. 7/10
April 30, 2014
hilarious! fuck rotten tomatoes for not watching this film!!!!
April 16, 2014
It always boggles the mind when you see a great cast in a bad movie. You can tell they are having fun on the set, but it just doesn't translate into a fun cinematic experience.
January 20, 2014

Offbeat and funny.
January 19, 2014
note to new filmakers: starting a film with expositional dialogue is amateur. show, don't tell. that's screenwriting 101.
½ January 3, 2014
nicht fisch nicht fleisch
September 28, 2013
A whole lot of bloodshed and not a single cop. Highly unlikely and totally pointless. Even Kristen Wiig couldn't save this movie.
September 16, 2013
Loved the idea. A fun new twist on the revenge genre. Acting was and believable. Though the story was all over the map with no sense of direction. Still watchable, enjoyable. Spoiler Alert!! But went from dark comedy to just dark. Not in a good way. Then, the ending conclusion.....c'mon man! Easy way out of story telling. If it would have had some resolution. Just the slightest bit! It would have made for a much better film and ratings. Still a fun enough movie to rent only, only, only at a redbox for a dollar.
September 10, 2013
Interesting movie, funny but yet violent, well worth the watch
September 3, 2013
Very strange little movie with some interesting cameos from some minor but familiar TV stars. It's violent and bizarre and not particularly entertaining.