The Revenge of the Pink Panther - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Revenge of the Pink Panther Reviews

½ July 29, 2016
Cast is just going through the motions in this movie. I liked the opening sequence leading up to Clouseau whacking an intruder whom he mistakes for Cato. Scenes with Cato still provide some laughs. But most of the humor is retread, for example, Clouseau mispronouncing words.
½ May 19, 2016
funny as always! Herbert Lom is great al always
½ February 20, 2016
There's a rumor he's a complete imbecile...

Philippe Douvier is a criminal mastermind that some people feel has fallen off his game. He tries to prove he's back on his game by killing France's most recognized police officer, Inspector Clouseau. It appears he has accomplished this task and the announcement spreads across France. Clousea is not really dead and uses the news as a chance to work undercover and bring Douvier down.

"It's so obvious it's bound to be a trap."

Blake Edwards, director of The Pink Panther, Switch, Skin Deep, Son of the Pink Panther, Blind Date, Sun Set, The Pink Panthers Strike Again, and Trail of the Pink Panther, delivers Revenge of the Pink Panther. The storyline for this picture is just average and on par with the previous films in the series. The acting is solid for the genre and the cast includes Peter Sellers, Dyan Cannon, Herbert Lom, Burt Kwouk, and Robert Webber.

"I'm not your average, run of the mill, transvestite."

I came across these films on cable some time ago and DVR'd them. I used to watch this when I was really young and never thought they were very good. Watching them again as an adult, these are still very average. I only recommend seeing this if nothing better is on.

"You opened up this Chinese nookie factory?"

Grade: C
September 18, 2015
The one and only chief inspector. ???
June 5, 2015
Horrendous puns, slapstick gags and disguises are the material of the comedy that, for no particular purpose that I can think of, has Clouzot, at one point and another, masquerade as a woman, a peg-legged sailor who carries an inflatable rubber parrot on his shoulder, and as Toulouse-Lautrec, a masquerade that prompts someone to say in admiration, "Now you can work both the Left Bank and Montmartre in anonymity!"
February 21, 2015
It was really difficult to keep my attention through this one. The zaniness was restrained a bit, compared to the other films I've seen. There were genuinely funny moments, but they seemed few in number. Sellers seemed to be phoning it in. Even Herbert Lom was restrained. And I didn't understand why Robert Loggia was there - such a waste of talent.
½ October 17, 2014
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, it's Okay, but not the best in the series.
July 5, 2014
I own this on DVD in an eight movie pack along with:
* The Pink Panther (1963)
* A Shot In The dark (1964)
* The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)
* Trail Of The Pink Panther (1982)
* Curse Of The Pink Panther (1983)
* The Pink Panther (2006)
* The Pink Panther 2 (2009)
March 30, 2014
The weakest of the Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies, but this still provides a good amount of laughs. The story is ingenious, Inspector Clouseau is believed to be dead and scours the world in disguise searching for a band of criminals, but is never really used for it's full potential. We still see lots of funny stuff, but it's not as memorable as previous installments. Overall, this is a good comedy, but isn't as iconic as the films that made the character famous. Also on the plus side we get more Cato, and more Cato is always good.
March 12, 2014
This truly is the last good Pink Panther film. Peter Sellers is the only inspector Clouseau.
½ December 9, 2013
Not as good as the earlier ones, and does not explain how Dreyfus came back from the dead, but still worth watching.
December 6, 2013
Good movie, but a bit too short for my liking. Slightly abrupt and rushed ending.
October 31, 2013
A lesser worthy sequel of the hilarious Pink Panther saga, this film doesn't have a lot of intelligence or even a rewarding structure. This time Sellers works incognito as he investigates on an international ring of drug dealing. Sellers is still funny and lively as the clumsy detective and the usual great work of animation precedes the film.
½ October 12, 2013
Still great to the bitter end.
½ August 13, 2013
An amusing mash up of slapstick and ironic comedy. Would rather have seen a different "Panther" movie before this.
August 2, 2013
Even after all these years I still enjoy this series of movies.
½ July 4, 2013
This was the last good Pink Panther movie. It wasn't quite as ripe as the first ones but it still came in strong.
June 10, 2013
My favorite inspector is back on the case in another okay script.
June 8, 2013
I hadn't seen this one since I was a kid. It is amusing, but not the best in the series, better to see some of the earlier films. For Sellers or Clouseau fans only!
May 18, 2013
The plot does get a little muddled in this one, but I laughed alot, and so did the group of friends I was introducing to this series with this entry. Roaring with laughter is more like how they reacted. i agree with people saying the plot was not solid, but it was better than the last one, and by now, who cares, I just wanted to see Peter Sellers keep going with Clouseau!!