Reversal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reversal Reviews

September 6, 2010
good movie but i really dont get the ending
July 2, 2009
Well, the 'Rocky' of wrestling it ain't --- but it's not bad either.
June 25, 2009
Awsome film I recomend it to any athlete or one who calls themselves an athlete. This film touches the love for a sport. I know it touched me.
April 24, 2009
"Reversal" begins by developing the relationship between seven-year old Leo Leone and his father (Jim Petulla), the coach of his wrestling team. At such a young age, Leo learns how wrestling is a metaphor for everything in life. Together, Leo and his father train for his upcoming match, and I'm left with the uncomfortable feeling that Leo's father is looking to live vicariously through his son.

It's 10 years later, and Leo (Danny Mousetis) and his father are still tight, although they don't seem to have a deep relationship outside of wrestling. It's very unnerving to see Coach Leone wear Oklahoma T-Shirts, manipulating his son into believing that he really wants to attend the University of Oklahoma. Sure, his intentions are not necessarily bad. It's obvious that he loves his son, and a college education is an absolute necessity these days; but when you see Leo's nose bleed in the middle of a conversation, and later, him throwing up after dinner, then you know something is wrong.

Leo begins dating a girl named Shaw (Kelly Vint), who doesn't fit the "cheerleader" mold that most athletes go after. They have a realistic chemistry that develops over the course of the movie. With her help, Leo is able to realize that he has to make a choice between living his own life, or letting his father continue to live vicariously through him.

"Reversal" is a unique movie, especially because of the fact that it touts a cast of relative unknowns. "Reversal" is more than just the ins and outs of amateur wrestling. It's about the relationship between fathers and sons, husbands and wives; it's about taking control of your life; it's about sacrifice; and it's about accomplishing the goals you have set for yourself.
March 19, 2009
story of a boy learning to make his own path in life. great flick.
December 13, 2008
Terrible acting. Fair story, but painful to watch much of the time. A typical opressive dad pushes his son too far in the sportsworld drama.
October 5, 2008
this has got to be the best wrestling movie i have ever seen.
July 27, 2008
i loved this movie because me being a wrestler can relate to the struggles of losing weight and loving the sports this knocks vision qusest out
June 20, 2008
very good movie best high school wrestling movie seens "Vision Quest".
May 19, 2008
this is the best wrestling movie i have seen since vision quest
March 26, 2008
so inspirational and reminds me of those days when i wrestled
March 24, 2008
Nice character based movie with a powerful message. Well made considering its low budget.
March 3, 2008
the 2nd greatest sports movie of all time
February 11, 2008
Shows what it takes to be a wrestler and what most of us have done just to make weight, any wrestler could relate
February 8, 2008
kind of self satisfying but if youve ever wrestled you will probably like this one
December 15, 2007
Love wrestling... Love this movie... Tells it how it really is.
November 20, 2007
seriously one of the greatest movies i have ever seen, its real, thats how a wrestlers life is
October 31, 2007
shows cutting weight to a "T" i remeber those days well and I have done many of the things depicted in this film, I remember filling my mouth with water and spitting out trying to get rid of cotton mouth...

the wrestling and montag training scenes and phenominal

acting sucks but oh well

cover of "im eighteen" by alice cooper

pretty much about the importance of college // doing what you want in life // father on relationships // hard works always pays off
½ October 27, 2007
This is the best movie I have seen about wrestling. I could watch the wrestle off scene everyday.
October 25, 2007
second best wrestling movie ever.