Reverse (Rewers) Reviews

• Apr 09, 2016

Sabina's defiant attitude against being victimized and Lankosz's black comedy attempts to shake up the Polish Nation to break free from its communist nightmare.

• May 13, 2014

Stylish, funny, poignant. Not entirely sure what to make of it but very glad I saw it.

• Nov 05, 2013

Black comedy, hard to describe if you dont know that time in Polands history. Orwelian world is naive in comparison to what realy was happening in soviet occupied countrys, especially, just after WWII until Stalin's death.

• Dec 22, 2011

âRewers❠takes us to the dark days of Soviet reign in Poland when paranoia, fear and corruption permeated the lives of every citizen. Set in Warsaw during the 50â(TM)s the movie follows a family of three women: Sabina, her mother and her grandmother. A shy spinster, Sabina surprises her family by catching the attention of a handsome stranger. But soon it becomes apparent that something dark and dangerous is hidden in all this. The movie looks very amateurish in execution, but the script and the acting are good enough to keep everything together. Overall, âRewers❠ends up being rather mediocre, but it does convey an atmosphere of oppression and fear keenly.

• Jan 03, 2011

Black comedy that caught me a little bit off guard. The fantastic acting, costumes, sets and keen humor of this flick kept me interested, but the past sequences definitely had more impact.

• Dec 02, 2010

Fascinating black comedy kept close to a trendy noir movie. Great vision of Polish early 50's in which female adolescent's love suddenly turns a nightmare leading to an unexpected final. Full of action twists and filled with acting depth it's strongly recommended being one of the most interesting movies made in Poland recently. You will enjooy it!

• Oct 02, 2010

nothing is as it seems in this amazing family of 3 women. The Polish dark comedy, set mostly in Warsaw after WWII (and mainly in black and white) shows how the mother and grandmother of the family insist that their young daughter must find "the right man" and the extend they go through to make this happen... the series of events following, each darker than the other, is hilariously sarcastic, and gradually reveals more of the darker side of the seemingly ordinary family. This trend of shock continues to the last few dialogues, closing with the meticulously set camera over the now old main character walking down stairs while the closing song "don't let me be misunderstood" offers a whole different aspect to what you've seen for the past 90 mins (... "Well don't you know that no-one alive, Can always be an angel... I'm just a soul who's intentions are good Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"...)

• Sep 06, 2010

If they would gave up the whole modern concept/part I would like this movie much better. But still a great film, with a brilliant performances of all three ladies. Remind me about "Arsenic and Old lace", the same type of black humor.

• Aug 19, 2010

One of the best Polish movies of the recent years. It shows the Polish reality of the 1950s and the strength of women of all generations. Agata Buzek, who plays the main character in the movie, is one of the best Polish actresses of her generation. She did not only receive many awards for her portrayal of Sabina, but she also won the Shooting Stars Award at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival. Highly recommend!

• Jul 26, 2010

Entre Allen Wajda y Berlanga...

Entre Allen Wajda y Berlanga...