Rewind This! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rewind This! Reviews

½ April 10, 2016
How do all of these nerd guys look exactly the same? The talking heads approach isn't able to sustain an entire feature. Lucky I was real into the topic I guess but I felt bad making anyone else watch this with me.
½ November 5, 2015
Loving and informative look at the most important format of home media and how it affected the industry.
½ January 31, 2015
A bit rough around the edges, but covers a golden age that I grew up in incredibly well.
December 20, 2014
Great doc on the history of vhs and it's cultural impact.
December 15, 2014
Was happy to finally check this one out, as it is filled with the a ton of people I know at least peripherally via Twitter, waxing nostalgic about their favorite hobby. While I can't say that I fully share the same love of the medium, I do find the look back at the Mom & Pop video stores and the various elements of their collecting bug quite charming.

October 23, 2014
What is the legacy of VHS ?
How did Video Stores change the way wee see movies ?
What did it mean to be able to pause, rewind, & fast forward a film ?
In answering these questions, this offbeat documentary explores the rise & fall of the VHS tape & the changing face of film exhibition
½ August 28, 2014
A fun doc about VHS, people who collect them, people who still sell them & weird shlock that was distributed on them. CHECK IT OUT.
June 29, 2014
absolutely brilliant
June 24, 2014
As an avid record collector, I can completely understand why the preservation of the video format is just as important as any other in this digital age, yet this documentary still surprised me in a lot of way. While it could have gone with a bit more funding for graphics and editing, this is still a very interesting, important and funny documentary. A must for film buffs.
April 13, 2014
Fascinating documentary on how the VHS revolutionized home entertainment.
½ April 7, 2014
Loved it, brought back so many memories and did a great job explaining a lost era.
February 20, 2014
Very entertaining, in depth documentary. I miss the old mom & pop video stores.
December 31, 2013
Interesting Doc. About the Rise Of The VHS Tape
November 23, 2013
Rewind This! Is quite enjoyable and interesting, there's nothing here that i particularly disliked. I really loved seeing these collectors who breathe VHS and movies. It's also interesting to hear the opinions on streaming media and digital media, with some interviewees more open to the format than i had expected, but there are also a fair share of those who detest the move towards non-physical media. If you're interested in the rise and fall and now cult-ish following of VHS then i can't see how this isn't a good watch. It's not taking a fine-tooth comb to the subject but it gives a positive overview with a few quirks, namely focusing on its value to genre movies/ exploitation. I personally would love to know more about the illustrators who did the amazing box art.
November 13, 2013
A trip down memory lane. This is a great little doc for anyone who had a fetishistic love of VHS tape.
October 20, 2013
He aquí la crónica de una era gloriosa, la era del VHS, y como a principios de los ochentas nació una nueva industria basada en el entretenimiento en casa y la posibilidad de que cualquiera pudiese crear sus propias películas (muchas que seguro los avergüenzan en su vida adulta). "Rewind This!" es un documental sumamente entretenido que nos adentra en la nostalgia de coleccionistas y cineastas y que también nos ofrece un panorama de la evolución del entretenimiento a través de las décadas (llegando a la conclusión de que todo será descargable en un futuro muy cercano, si no es que ya esta aquí). Muy recomendable.
½ October 19, 2013
An interesting documentary about some dedicated/creepy people, as well as a format that I both miss and don't.
½ October 14, 2013
Nostalgic look at VHS and its effects on pop culture and the movie industry.
Fun and interesting but starts beating a dead horse after awhile with its purpose.
½ September 30, 2013
A good summary of the economic and social changes that home video brought to the market. Not as much focus on "so bad they're good, direct to video" but it is covered.