Rhino Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rhino Season Reviews

½ October 31, 2013
Beautiful cinematography and a strong performance by Behrooz Voosooghi cannot overcome the abrupt changes of tone, unsuccessful mixing of several genres, and confused storytelling and directing.
October 24, 2013
To me, the movie had nothing new to offer; the story is very similar to that of Incendies (2010) where it's portrayed much better. The character study is not even close to finished. I think Farmanara or Mir-Karimi have done much better jobs in portraying similarly alienated characters. Additionally, I honestly don't understand why there should be two stars in this movie (Bellucci and Arash) when the movie seems like a low budget one!
September 8, 2013
Although I usually like this type of films and admire its cinematography, I agree with whoever said it is slow, very slow, Although cinematograpy is great and the story is interesting to begin with, it is extremely slow and it was most vexing to go through the whole film without the main character ever saying one single word. Its attempts to create a poetic narrative are not completel fullfilled and I think overall the film is overated.
July 13, 2013
Amazing filmmaking in action.
June 24, 2013
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
½ April 26, 2013
?????? ?? ??? ??? ???... ???... ????? ??? ... ???? ??? ??? ???? ??????? ??????? ??? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ????????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? .. :)
March 9, 2013
Ghobadi, has opted for cinematic poetry, rather than dramatic story telling. it's not meaning he's looking for. but an expression. and the result is a monumental achievement in that regard. Not every political prisoner turns out to be another Mandala. Most of them are like this: burnt, broken, and barren.
February 25, 2013
Pristine cinematography, interesting split-out narrative structure, solid performances. A bit too much mannerism at times.
February 17, 2013
Wonderful movie which is drama and romance back to Iranian revolution. There are some scenes in this movie which are unforgettable. Behrouz Vossoughi is amazing Iranian actor. Also Monica Bellucci fits to her character very well. I strongly recommend this movie.
½ February 10, 2013
A visually attractive movie about a Kurdish-Iranian poet who is released from prison after 30 years. Everybody believes he's dead, so there is nobody waiting for him. He goes in search of the woman he was married to when he was arrested and contemplates making contact with her. With the use of flashbacks his and their history is revealed layer by layer, which weighs down on his decision to reveal himself.

It reminded me a little of the movie Incendies, although I think that movie is better than this one. After seeing a couple of middle-eastern movies, I have to say it's refreshing to see things from a different standpoint.
January 27, 2013
A dark vision of the emotional fallout of the revolution...but too slow moving to properly articulate it.
January 27, 2013
Could be so much better than this. The story is the main problem. but Ghobadi's best film so far.
"Touraj Aslani" has done a great job with those Canon EOS 5Ds!
November 3, 2012
An unbelievable story--the imagery is brilliant. As an imprisoned Iranian poet is released and struggles to reclaim his life, the poems he has written come to life around him. Stunning
September 14, 2012
A catastrophic mess.
September 12, 2012
Depiction of a poem! Rhino's season will take you to the darkest hours of an irreversible past that took everything away from the future.
A must see! Fascinating, stressful, brilliant, and poetic.