Rhinoceros Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rhinoceros Eyes Reviews

August 20, 2014
some cool ideas but the movie as a whole it was just ok...I did enjoy it for the most part though.
½ August 26, 2013
Michael gives a haunting performance--Seriously cool and psyched out!!
May 31, 2012
I recently bought it online and I'm still waiting to see it.
January 12, 2012
Skum film men en grym insats av Michael Pitt!
½ October 17, 2010
Filme diferente, não tenho o que comentar.. é muito bom!
½ October 17, 2010
Filme diferente, no tenho o que comentar.. muito bom!
½ August 18, 2010
What a strange movie. I love how versatile Michael Pitt is... and watching Gale Harold is just a treat :)
½ February 16, 2010
Very strange... I liked it!
February 15, 2009
LOVE SEE NO BOUNDS... OR LOOKS!
½ November 9, 2008
Have not seen the whole thing yet, but from what I have seen, I like.
September 28, 2008
I absolutely loved this! I had been wanting to see it for ages, and it did not disappoint me at all. A very original movie, reminded me very slightly of Donnie Darko, but better, I think (and i really liked Donnie Darko, so that's saying a lot!). Michael Pitt is fantastic in this, I cannot imagine anyone else pulling off this role. I can see myself watching this one many times over! Highly recommended!
September 21, 2008
I had caught glimpses of this film, and certainly intrigued me with some fantastic cinematography and set designs.

Now that I've seen the whole movie, it's a very quirky indie film. Michael Pitt does a great job portraying Chep, an idiot-savant/autistic young fellow that lives in a prop house, taken in my the pothead owners. All the kid does is live and work in the prop house, and only leaves to see classic movies. He ends up becoming infatuated with a movie art designer that walks into the shop, and ends up finding odd props she needs for a film shoot she's working on. There's also some interesting Ray Harryhausen-type effects for Chep's delusional episodes talking with props coming to life, among other day-dream surreal sequences (interestingly enough the director is the nephew of David Cronenberg). Great references here, from Ed Wood's movie star/wrestler Tor Johnsen, Harryhausen, classic movie musicals/romances...

Basically this is a story of loss of innocence, of someone living a sheltered imaginary existence clashing with "reality". It ends up being a very light, strange, funny film...it's a great debut for director Aaron Woodley and great cast to support is as well...a beautiful film to watch.
September 21, 2008
it looks real good =D but only in fukin america =[
½ September 13, 2008
maddness is brilliance and beauty rolled into one stimulating package
½ August 26, 2008
I'm so torn by this movie. I don't know whether it's a masterpiece or a complete disaster. I'm afraid I lean towards the second one. And that because, I didn't understand the film, at least the second half of it. And what I don't understand usually is not something I like. It was a twisted, unreal, weird mix between "Donnie Darko" and "Mr. Mangorium's Wonder Emporium."

Michael Pitt was amazing, wonderful. I can't imagine an actor who could do a better job than he did. And it really saddens me that his great acting skills go unnoticed to the general public, only because of his preference to star in indie films. Gale Harold was also splendid and here is seen in a completely different role than the one most people know him in (the "god-like" homosexual from "Queer as folk.") I particularly loved the scene Pitt and Harold shared, where Harold interrogates Pitt. The both of them gave the exact amount of energy that the scene needed.

It surely sneaks up on you. It's not a film that you can predict. It's wonderful in many aspects but maybe it's not an easily watchable film. And that's its main weakness.
August 26, 2008
ah ah ah ah, Gale Harold HERE! how funny. sure Michael Pitt looks a bit like Justin >_> or not?
August 1, 2008
i really like michael pitt. he's ok in the dreamers but amazing in rhino eyes. the movie gives off a little lynch vibe which i hated, but it was coherent enough to make a logical and affluent story. the stop-motion creatures were impressive and the soundtrack wasn't bad. it was pretty enjoyable and funny.
July 29, 2008
This Made Me Laugh.
The Stop-Motion Was Very Impressive.
July 9, 2008
A very well done indie film and is meant for people who appreciate them. Great cast and directing.
July 1, 2008
Pretty decent indie film. Reminicent of Donno Darko. Very surreal. I wish Jackie Burroughs had been beaten with her own prosthetic arm! ;-)