Rhythm Is It! Reviews

• Sep 28, 2014

Wonderful documentary about the necessity of arts in education. Great story construction, conflicts and photography. It is a must for arts educators.

• Dec 06, 2011

I often wondered how the documentary filmmakers chose the shown scenes because sometimes they were far from neutral (all those outdoor scenes where the public stares at the shown teenagers or smoking children to imply Marie comes from a bad neighbourhood) My favourite parts of this documentary were the musical rehearsals in the Berlin Philharmonic. Sir Simon Rattle was wonderful and to see which instrument plays which musical notes in Le Sacre du Printemps was mind-blowing!

• May 04, 2009

Magic:) Touching :) Inspiring :)

Magic:) Touching :) Inspiring :)

• Oct 05, 2008

very interesting, esp the collector's edition with all the additional material. recommended.

• Aug 03, 2008

La postura que tomas al bailar es la postura que tomas frente a la vida

La postura que tomas al bailar es la postura que tomas frente a la vida

• Feb 19, 2008

You can feel a sense of meditation when Sir Simon Rattle is doing his talk, revealing the idea of the project. Music and dance are not things coming with confusion, but something for you to imagine.

• Jan 11, 2008

A very interesting documentary about the pooling of several students trying to dance "Le Sacre du Printemps" by Igor Stravinsky under the conduction of several dancing-masters and Sir Simon Rattle who conducts the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. A gripping study. What interested me the most was the work in the orchestra and the development of the students. Awesome! :)

• Nov 04, 2007

interesting & well done documentary

interesting & well done documentary

• Oct 23, 2007

Pupils from Berlin learn to dance to Stravinsky's "le sacre du printemps". I've shown this movie to a lot of people, from grandparents to friends from school, and everybody found it amazing. it touches me a lot.

• Oct 11, 2007

If a documentary can make you interested in something that is not really your cup of tea, I reckon it's doing a great job. Highly life-affirming!