Reviews

• Apr 08, 2020

A good cast but a mediocre film. It's entertaining but not made very well.

A good cast but a mediocre film. It's entertaining but not made very well.

• Oct 28, 2011

★ (out of four) "Rich Girl" shows the opposite side of the 1980's. The flipside of John Hughes. Hughes created interesting characters fused with a little drama and a little comedy. They entertained. "Rich Girl" attempts to copy the formula, but gives us some of the most annoying and uninteresting characters I've ever seen in a movie. Jill Schoelen, is a beautiful young woman whose Daddy is rich. Hoping to prove to him that she can make it on her own in the real world, she moves out and gets a job working at a bar. There she meets the cliched bad boy musician and they begin seeing each other. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Zeppo1/RichGirl.jpg[/IMG] The plot sounds pretty typical and it is. But, that is not what sinks this ship. It's the fact that the film tries to sell you something that you don't want. In fact it is sort of revolting. Casting is so important in a film like this. Jill Schoelen is certainly cute in a pretty and bland sort of way. Don Michael Paul, however, as the musician is one of the most unappealing characters ever. The movie fails because the audience is supposed to like him and hope they get together, but I kept wanting to yell at her to get away as fast as her rich sports car will take her.

• Aug 29, 2011

Jill Schoelen's wonderful, very likable and highly watchable performance along with Don Michael Paul's good charisma sparks this otherwise familiar, yet decent & completely enjoyable rock star crossed lovers story....Schoelen & Paul alone are the real and great reasons to see this one! Equally good songs too by Jeff Scott Soto and hey, even Jill does her own amazing singing here too and perfectly! Recommended!

• Apr 29, 2008

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=white]Another great movie that should be on dvd. I would love to get the soundtrack....but they decided not to come out with one...............STUPID![/color][/font]