Richard Garriott: Man on a Mission - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Richard Garriott: Man on a Mission Reviews

March 12, 2013
Totally awe-inspiring! It's hard to believe this story actually happened! I hope this movie serves to inspire . . . very fun ride!
February 15, 2013
A must-watch for anybody wanting to travel to space, or for those who simply want to learn more about the ins-and-outs of the Russian Space Program. This is a very interesting documentary, even though there is not nearly enough detailing the historic 50-minute-buildup: Garriot's week-long stay at the International Space Station. Extra points for the old Skylab footage.
June 3, 2012
This documentary shows a rich portrait of an experience of a lifetime. A rare treat to see this event through the eyes of a quasi-regular guy!
February 23, 2012
Comes across as a bit of a vanity project (lots of space footage, all shot by Garriott) and completely sympathetic to the extravagant and eccentric game designer. But also a generous view of the Russian space program and space tourism in general.

The training footage and the time in space offer a nice inside view, especially in this post-post-Apollo world where the news media no longer follow the space program in detail. And the photography Garriott took from space is amazing, perhaps too short.
January 26, 2012
Man on a Mission is absolutely an extraordinary story and journey captured on film. Richard was very articulate, and specific from his space traveling preparation to the experience in space and his thoughts of it afterwards. The film is inspiring,
informative, and full on full hearted humor. The film was educational
but never dry. I have also enjoyed the amazing story about two
generations that share the same interests and pride in pursuing their
dreams and goals. Richard's determination and persistence captured my
imagination.

Overall, this is an amazing film that motivate you(pump you up), and you can also watch with your children. It's educational, inspiring, and heartwarming.

I will watch it again on the second screening and it will be amazing to meet Richard in person.
January 25, 2012
Way to go Brady! This is fantastic.
January 24, 2012
Man On A Mission is interesting and engaging. Highlights for me: Garriott's history in video games; the training scenes set in Russia; the father-son connection; and the intense re-entry footage. Really well done. Highly recommended for space buffs and video game fans, but I think this is a documentary that families will appreciate as well.
January 10, 2012
This seems like the logical conclusion to Garriott's rich history of egotism.
½ January 8, 2012
A really engrossing look at the on-going privatization of space travel, a history lesson on the Soviet space programme AND an inspirational tale of a man who wants to follow in his astronaut Father's shoes and go into space...even at a $30 million price tag. Really fun and fascinating, even if you're not into space exploration.
December 11, 2011
This guy achieved my dream