Richard Pryor---Live in Concert - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Richard Pryor---Live in Concert Reviews

October 2, 2014
The funniest comedy concert I've ever seen......nothing else is close.This is Richard at his zenith,he was simply the best ever.
September 27, 2014
one of the greatest stand up acts ever
½ June 12, 2014
A masterpiece. Socially relevant, yet also intensely personal, and never less than hilarious.
½ February 15, 2014
He's funny. Not as good as the 1979 concert but still good.
December 1, 2013
Pryor at his absolute best in my opinion. I remember seeing on HBO as wee lad. I even recorded it with my first cassette (audio) recorder next to the speaker on the TV. Watched and listened to it over and over until I memorized the the show. To this day I can recite nearly the entire show with most of his infections and enunciation. Richard Pryor was a comic genius and his impact not only on the world of comedy but the entertainment industry in general will live on for all time. Thanks Richard!
February 2, 2013
it makes u wannna stop watching nowadays standups, simply the dopest 2 ever do it
January 27, 2013
possibly his best live show.
½ December 29, 2012
A comic GOD. Extremely funny.
December 22, 2012
One of the most honest genuine funniest comedians of all.

Shame he's not still alive & kicking as he would have had a field day taking the piss out of what's going on today.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
July 12, 2012
Hilarious. Great stand up show. Hilarious jokes.
June 30, 2012
Outstanding concert film that showcases Pryor doing what he did best: making an audience laugh through his virtuoso mix of raw humor and tragic vulnerability.
½ April 21, 2012
Must sdee for us all!
March 31, 2012
Could be the best filmed comic stand-up performance of all time.
½ February 13, 2012
Richard Pryor is one of the most funniest comedians of all times. With a great control in his material, Pryor also is charismatic with the audience, without leave his terrific black humor. Fresh.
½ November 23, 2011
In Live in Concert Richard Pryor is in top form. This maybe be the funniest stand up routine that I have ever seen (& I have seen it a few times) that constantly had me smiling or laughing. This is a prime example why I love Richard Pryor & why he was one of the masters of stand up. Im jealous of those who were able to see him live. Thank good there was concert films of his work. Sure his albums were great but to get the full effect you actually need to see him w/. His physical delivery is fantastic & makes his material even better. If you're offended by it I only have two words for you - FUCK YOU. Pryor is a legend.
October 15, 2011
Not the funniest filmed stand up routine of all time like some bill it as, but still pretty damn good.
January 14, 2011
As others have said, this is the best stand-up performance ever recorded. It sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not. Pryor is a comedic genius, and you can see his influence in every comedian since. He sets the standard. His facial expressions, acting abilities, delivery, etc., are all top-notch, and he can make even mundane topics such as walking through the woods pee-your-pants hilarious (in fact, he spends a long time talking about the woods, which is a bit puzzling, but hey, it's funny). He also covers completely unrelated topics such as dogs, drugs, family life, boxing, and sex... all the while being hysterically funny. The guy is amazing, and I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stand-up comedy.
½ January 8, 2011
incredible performer
November 24, 2010
Richard Pryor at his BEST, and COMEDY at it's BEST! Pryor truly is THE KING OF COMEDY!!!