Richard Pryor---Live in Concert Reviews

• Oct 23, 2020

No comic has ever bridged America's racial divide as Richard Prior did in this brilliant performance. Playing to a mixed audience, Prior illustrates the absurdity of racial hate by recounting his real-life experiences with both white and black people. All members of the audience laughed equally hard at their own side's foolish conduct. Nobody has conducted his life more recklessly than Prior, and his honest accounting of his errors in life brought everyone in that room together, finally equal as participants in the victories and humiliations of the human condition.

• Nov 27, 2019

He's outstanding. It would be five stars if he came around a little later. I would have related more.

• Jan 22, 2017

Pryor was a king but he sure was one sweaty motherfucker during this stand-up.

Pryor was a king but he sure was one sweaty motherfucker during this stand-up.

• Jan 14, 2017

Richard Pryor->Eddie Murphy->Chris Rock

Richard Pryor->Eddie Murphy->Chris Rock

• Oct 02, 2014

The funniest comedy concert I've ever seen......nothing else is close.This is Richard at his zenith,he was simply the best ever.

• Sep 27, 2014

one of the greatest stand up acts ever

one of the greatest stand up acts ever

• Jun 12, 2014

A masterpiece. Socially relevant, yet also intensely personal, and never less than hilarious.

• Jan 31, 2014

He's funny. Not as good as the 1979 concert but still good.

He's funny. Not as good as the 1979 concert but still good.

• Dec 01, 2013

Pryor at his absolute best in my opinion. I remember seeing on HBO as wee lad. I even recorded it with my first cassette (audio) recorder next to the speaker on the TV. Watched and listened to it over and over until I memorized the the show. To this day I can recite nearly the entire show with most of his infections and enunciation. Richard Pryor was a comic genius and his impact not only on the world of comedy but the entertainment industry in general will live on for all time. Thanks Richard!

• Jan 27, 2013

possibly his best live show.

possibly his best live show.