Riddick Reviews

Mark B Super Reviewer
    Oct 28, 2020

The third Pitch Black film "Riddick" is much more focused than its predecessor and a welcome return to the formula that worked so well for the original movie. Riddick is a bad-ass survivalist fighting an extinction level event that threatens everybody, with an assembly cast that is colorful and fun to watch.

• Jul 10, 2020

Huge Huge Huge Improvement Over The Last One This is the True Sequel To Pitch Black.

• Apr 23, 2020

Completely serviceable film that returns the Riddick character to a more simplistic environment. It's detractors may claim that it's predictable or unoriginal, but you don't see Diesel in a starring role and expect to witness high art. For what it is, you can't ask for much more; seeing Riddick as the hunter from the perspective of the overconfident bounty hunters is a great time. (3.5/5)

• Mar 02, 2020

As I recall, I liked this one, also. I liked the whole series. This particular Riddick outing just had a couple, or few things that didn't quite work as well. I've got it coming on Netflix DVD, so it'll refresh my memory to revisit it. I do hope we can see more, actually. It may not be a blockbuster series, but I do see enough good to warrant more.

• Feb 28, 2020

Enjoyed it. PostApocalyptic.. Nothing serious :)

Enjoyed it. PostApocalyptic.. Nothing serious :)

• Feb 14, 2020

When I first watched this film I was overly critical (0.5 stars!). Watching it back, to wind down after a tough day (and a tough previous film!), it was a fun and fairly unique combination of B-movie, tough-guy and sci-fi tropes. Twohy, with a serious attempt at a return-to-form and erasure of previous film's failures, manages to make something reverential of this left-field franchise, and yet also standalone. Yes the dialogue is ludicrously bad, and sometimes even deeply cringey and possibly misogynistic/LGBTQ-phobic and it's dumb, dumb, dumb. But somehow the concept of the two Bounty Hunter teams, the opening where Riddick God of War 2's himself and after being ousted for being soft and gets his powers back in a fun self-contained little first act, makes the film quite fun. It's just a very good example of what this film could be, it probably couldn't have been much better and that's ok.

• Feb 13, 2020

Huge fan of this series

Huge fan of this series

• Jan 11, 2020

Riddick is back......! This movie is a continuation of the chronicles of Riddick, Riddick goes back to it's "Pitch black" style of escaping from a planet in the worst conditions and the movie is well scripted like his past play a role in this movie And the final ending is quite puzzling

• Sep 27, 2019

Very 2-dimensional acting

Very 2-dimensional acting

• Jul 26, 2019

If your a fan of this franchise then you'll be pleased at the writing and script of this movie.