Reviews

• Nov 25, 2020

saw this at school, and as an impressionable horse crazy kid, I loved it.

saw this at school, and as an impressionable horse crazy kid, I loved it.

• Aug 25, 2020

A film that doesn't have a likeable character... The premise of 'Ride a Wild Pony' is way overdone, it feels overly elaborate just so they could include a court case scene. None of the characters even come across as all that charming. From a certain point, you can easily predict the conclusion despite it just emphasising how over complicated it all is. The two leads of the film are child actors in Robert Bettles (Scott) and Eva Griffith (Josie), who were seemingly told to act in full-on uncompromising mode; so no hate on the actors themselves. With that said, Scott acts like a spoilt brat for large portions while Josie expects everything her own way. I'd be fine with that if that was the film's intentions, but I'm positive it expects us to like and/or sympathise with them completely. I can't say I did. None of the adult onscreen talent standout, which doesn't help the youngsters. As for any positives, I haven't got much for you. The fact that it's shot on location in Australia is nice I guess, but that's practically it. This is, unfortunately, yet another mediocre live-action release from 1970s Disney.

• Dec 09, 2011

This is a great little film. I saw it at the flicks about 35 years ago and I've never forgotten it. Some great Australian names in it, Michael Craig and the late, great John Meillon. A tale of a lad from a poor family whose town sold his father a wild pony cheap so he could get to school. There ends the spoiler alert. A Disney film, so it's harmless and very well done.

• May 06, 2010

(First and only viewing - 8/21/2010)

(First and only viewing - 8/21/2010)