Riding the Bullet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Riding the Bullet Reviews

½ February 20, 2017
The short story was bad but it was still better than this confusing mess.
December 20, 2016
Riding the Bullet is definitely not a masterpiece by any means. But it did entertain me. Maybe not in the way it intended, but it did so nonetheless.

Although I was spending most of my time asking "Wait, what's going on here?" I also wondered what might happen next, enough to carry on until the end of the story.

The film has a very tongue-in-cheek manner, and it is definitely not a horror film. It's more of a dramatic comedy with few horror elements. There were some moments that were abstract (perhaps a little too abstract, because I remember making WTF faces through it), which might have been okay if not for the odd episode that acted as a literal vehicle for the protagonist.

I kind of get what this adaptation was going for, so I'll let it pass on some of its flaws... but it still also has too many for me to consider it wonderful, or worth a second viewing. Watch at your own risk, and hopefully you like misplaced humor.
October 19, 2016
This movie is hard to get through. It doesn't really go anywhere. In other words, there seems to be no real significant pay-off. Its not worth watching. The lead character is not very interesting or likable either.
½ July 29, 2015
One of the worst of King's adaptations.
January 22, 2015
Ugh, I wasted an evening on this garbage. At least I finally freed up the space on the DVR...
November 30, 2014
140930: I'm tempted to do 3.5. Much better than Thinner and includes a cool car. Some enjoyable characters especially in David Arquette. Ok way to spend an hour and a half.
½ October 25, 2014
It was all over the place but it was ok. I liked the scenes at the amusement park best. The story in the book is much better.
September 28, 2014
The unpredictable and endless journey of a man trying to catch his mom before her predicted death. "Riding The Bullet" was extremely weird and disturbing: that's what I liked about it.
½ July 22, 2014
76%

"It seems the longer you live, the more God wants to kick you in the ass."-Farmer (Cliff Robertson)

One of Garris better movies (CRITTERS 2: THE MAIN COURSE is still my favorite).

-Fun is fun and done is done-
June 15, 2014
Decent Stephen King Movie....
April 16, 2014
Labouring horror-story that feels like one of King's shorts that doesn't quite cut it at feature length.
½ February 17, 2014
If death and the grim reaper are your taste, this is the movie for you.
January 8, 2014
Defiantly One Of The Better Stephen King Films!
October 7, 2013
One of the very best Stephen King adaptations. If it weren't for the weak ending (King's fault, not the director's) it'd be 4 1/2 stars.
September 26, 2013
I give it one star for Arquette's perfomance...Riding the bullet is not one of King's better short stories..The movie is no exception.
July 28, 2013
I thought Riding the Bullet was fantastic and creepy as hell. The acting was really good especially by Jonathan Jackson and David Arquette and I can say when I first seen it, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
June 27, 2013
Bad movie. A little confusing, not scary, not even that thrilling. Poorly edited, poorly acted (except Arquette), and poorly executed. Worst Stephen King movie yet.
½ June 24, 2013
Another Stephen King film sold off to the highest bidder, another bad movie maker who hopes he can sell his films thanks to the writers name. I don't remember the short story, I think I read it once, and I was fond of his stories, so I am quite sure that this should have stayed on the page. To be fair, it's not the worst but it is very forgettable.
March 30, 2013
As freaky as only Stephen King can be. A lesson that we should grow a pair and do the things that scare us, coz if we don't, they'll come back to haunt us later in life!
February 16, 2013
An extremely depressing movie but very well acted and directed.