Riding the Bus with My Sister - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Riding the Bus with My Sister Reviews

March 29, 2015
This could have been so much better. Rosie o'Donnell was great in her role, but the rest of the cast was lacking.
January 23, 2015
OMG. I watched this movie like 5 or 7 times.
½ December 19, 2013
Let's be honest, watching Rosie O'Donnell acting retarded is the only reason anyone would watch this crap stain of a film.
½ September 10, 2012
It was more difficult to sit through Rosie O'Donnell's atrocious "acting" than an entire night of watching Bush Jr. speeches.

For real enjoyment watch this movie and then put on the behind-the-scenes content included on the dvd. Hearing Rosie O'Donnell talk about Huston motivating her for the funeral scene is priceless. My friends and I actually looped the ten seconds where she whispers "he was your whole life..........ACTION" for fifteen minutes straight, my stomach hurt for two days from laughing so hard.
½ December 23, 2011
Heard good things about it... def. wanna see it
erika250
May 10, 2011
Riding the bus with my sister is about all the problems that come with being mentally disabled, not being accepted by family and public. Beth rides the buses to help her cope with her disalibty. Her family does not want anything to o with her.
After her father dies the other siblings were face with hard fact that will take care of Beth. Over time her sister Rachel tried to help Beth out but after a big fight it totally look like that the relationship was done for good. Will the sisters stay together or go their separate ways,
Pros
Good acting and plot.
Eyed opener on what it is like to have a disability and the problems that come with it.
I liked the big community that Beth has.
I liked how the bus drivers thrown Beth a birthday party.
It really hit home for me because it reminds me about my disalibty.
This is a really moving film
Con
It starts out slow
This is a true drama but it has a coupe of laughs.
This film can be really sad at times.
If u like dramas or true stories u should give this a try.
½ January 30, 2011
It ended abruptly and is probably not something I would watch again, however, I thought Rosie did a good job portraying Beth and it was an interesting story.
½ January 5, 2011
This is a paint by numbers movie made for the Hallmark Channel so it's not ground breaking, it's not filmed beautifully, it's not got a great script but it made me smile and I will think a little bit differently about all the unusual ladies that ride the bus.
½ April 4, 2010
This daytime movie was referenced in an episode of the Gilmore Girls. Lorelai's description of it sums up how awesome it is: "Rosie O'Donnell plays a retarded woman who's obsessed with riding the bus and Andie MacDowell is her uptight, big city sister. And it gets better. In the ads I saw, the Rosie character was calling herself the Sheriff, and she was bragging about her sex life, and buying toilet seats. And Anjelica Huston directed it."
October 31, 2009
what an actress, watch it to believe,funny and sad
½ September 2, 2009
If you want to watch a feel good movie...this is it! Rosie does an amazing job with her characted. Andie fills the shoes as a cold distant snobby sister. Definitely worth watching!
½ August 10, 2009
To plagerize the reviewer Virginia Heffernan:
"This is another inexplicable effort by an actor to overplay a slow, strange character and teach everybody lessons. The sanctimonious old stunt is not fair to viewers. This is a deeply - even thrillingly - embarrassing movie."
June 30, 2009
touching,sad,good,and a little wierd at times.i think the sister should have married rick and not sam.
June 29, 2009
Please put it back on the website
½ June 28, 2009
This wasn't what I thought it would be, but it was still very heartfelt and definitely one to see if you're into this sort of thing.
½ June 28, 2009
An interesting look at a family, and Rosie O' Donnell really works her magic here
June 27, 2009
Boy, Rosie is really annoying in this, and the ending was really bad, but the rest of the story was good.
February 10, 2009
One of the most hilariously awful movies I have ever seen.
½ January 8, 2009
Expected a bit more, but found the plot wafer thin and the soundtrack boring. I have worked with mentally handicapped and found the role of Rosie O'Donnell truthfull.
September 28, 2008
A sweet movie, but slow moving