Rifftrax Live: Jack The Giant Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rifftrax Live: Jack The Giant Killer Reviews

½ March 6, 2013
Excellent story. Go see it.
March 6, 2013
Worth seeing but not great. Entertaining but no epic. Not a waste of time.
March 5, 2013
I had no expectations of this movie. I was surprised at how much I loved it. A great 3D feast for the eyes as well a non stop action packed story with great follow thru!
½ March 3, 2013
Decent IMAX experience, 3D and film were entertaining...
January 14, 2013
Now don't get me wrong here. I think Jack the Giant Killer isn't quite up to snuff when it comes to being more or less an imitation of a Ray Harryhausen film, but that's not totally its fault. The film was actually directed by the same man who directed The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, Nathan Juran, so you have to at least cut the film a little bit of slack. Sure the stop-motion effects aren't quite as spectactular or as imaginitive as they are in other films of this type, but it's not completely worthless either. The story itself is pretty decent, but I think I would have retitled the film as The Adventures of Jack the Giant Killer. Seems more appropriate, being that the film isn't geared toward a final confrontation between Jack and a giant, which is slightly misleading. I think it's meant to give you an idea of what you're going to see, and in my case, I expected a Clash of the Titans outcome with a final fight between man and beast, but it didn't happen that way. I'd also recommend the Rifftrax version of the film for some laughs. The movie doesn't rise to even mediocre, but it does manage to reel in the flavor of the genre that was popular at the time.
August 18, 2011
Laughed till I cried
August 18, 2011
Movie of the year!!!!!! The best time you will ever have at the movies.
½ August 18, 2011
After you learn what nothing is (or isn't?), and after watching the funniest cartoon shorts ever, you're given voiced dubbed hilarity over the cheesiest movie I've ever seen. The Rifftrax geniuses hit another one out of the park, spoofing Jack the Giant Killer. Everybody should watch a Rifftrax film before they die. You'll probably get hooked and continue watching them from then on out.