Right at Your Door - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Right at Your Door Reviews

August 20, 2017
What makes this flick so frightening is that it is so entirely plausible. There are dirty bombs and terrorists could make use of them. What more logical site to detonate them than a large city? And since many in cities live in the suburbs, whatever is carried would be carried back there. Everyone in this film acts logically, even though it does strain relationships to the edge. What do you value most--your life or the life of the one you love the most? One positive message comes through near the end--we always look to the future too much and do not appreciate life at the moment, which is perhaps a western trait. Well done, well acted and carried out on a slender budget, I'm sure. This film shows that your don't need tons of expensive CGI to make a good movie.
July 29, 2017
While the movie had the potential to be good it was not. The acting is poor in the whole thing is just unbelievable the way the details and movie are written and acted. This is almost like a low budget film that a lot of effort was not put into. This movie is a flop in my opinion. And it's mainly due to the acting or lack of good actors.
January 26, 2017
It's an obviously very cheap and simplistic movie, but yet, it's an interesting and tense one with a very good cast, and a very surprising twist ending. I does tip more towards drama, rather than a horror-thriller near the end, but it doesn't matter too much, because you'll be focusing a lot on the ending. The film also revolves much more on tension than gore, which there's very little of. Recommended !!
January 2, 2016
Oh my gosh. This movie was incredibly stupid. I understand that writers have the urge to include a good twist to make movies more entertaining but this twist only left me with so many unanswered questions. The climax does it's job very well but that ending ruined the entire movie for me because it didn't make any sense at all. It's like eating a great meal only to get to your last bite and see a little curly hair mixed in. Yep, that sums it up perfectly.
½ October 22, 2015
Tense drama.....With an unpredictable ending, Just misses it's mark somehow.
September 19, 2015
Takes you down a road you hope you'll never have to go and does it for the most part well.
July 17, 2015
This starts off with a bang, and hits a few slow spots, but then hits another bang at the end. On a clearly low budget, it does a great job.
July 17, 2015
Worst ending I have ever seen in my life.
March 10, 2015
Disaster Film Hiding the Horror
September 2, 2014
Surprisingly effective and frightening. A slow burn horror-thriller that gets the most out of itself. A modern film for the modern viewer that encapsulates alot of current issues. Terrorism, government and media distrust, isolationism, and several other points are all played on and it ends up as a great under the radar watch.

Watching this, I was reminded very much of 'The Twilight Zone' in that it isn't so much focused on the how or why, but on the intimate human reaction to strange events. Its slow pacing, and cerebral approach along with its twist ending harken back to it as well. The 2009 film 'Carriers' owes alot to this movie, as I was definitely reminded of it while watching this.

The acting is quite good, but I did not get much chemistry from McCormack and Cochrane as husband and wife. Both are good, and their interactions are good, but I just did not get 'partners' from them. Along with strong acting, an excellent script really sells this as a realistic and almost found footage sort of film. Its realism is where it really succeeds, because this is about as realistic a horror film can be.

The twist ending isn't anything super crazy or original, but it does its job of putting a different spin on a story you thought you had figured out. A really good under the radar flick that mainstream movie makers could learn alot from. Recommended.
½ June 15, 2014
The only thing plausible is the bombs. After that, its just fill in until the end. Absolutely no chemistry between the primary actors.
½ June 13, 2014
my friend was DP on this and told lots of tales how they did this but its awesome really had me at the edge of my seat.
May 26, 2014
Please don't struggle.

Brad and Lexi are a happily married couple in Los Angeles. Brad is a struggling writer and Lexi is a successful business woman who is the bread winner of the family. Brad deeply loves Lexi and when LA is struck with a series of toxic dirty bombs, his wife is caught in the middle of the attack. The only method of survival is to stay in your house and seal the oxygen from outside from getting inside. Just as Brad reluctantly completes this task, his infected wife returns home. Will he risk infection to be with his wife in this moment of crisis?

"Why don't we talk about the kids we never had?"
"We would have screwed that up anyway."

Chris Gorak, director of The Darkest Hour, and he also worked on Tombstone, Fight Club, Minority Report, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, delivers Right at Your Door. The storyline for this picture is actually very unique and is executed very well. The script is clever, the characters are very dynamic, and the conclusion is unpredictable. The cast delivers very solid performances and includes Rory Cochrane, Mary McCormack, Tony Perez, and Max Kasch.

"I'm not giving you a choice. Turnaround. Go home."

I actually grabbed this off Netflix due to its unique storyline. This was an extremely interesting film that I couldn't wait to see how it played out; and once it did, I can tell you I was fairly impressed by this film. I am glad I didn't write the review for this film until a day after I watched it. This is one of those films that the more you think about it, the more you like it. This is definitely worth watching once and may be worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Open the door."
"I can't."

Grade: B
½ May 22, 2014
good movie, definitely a conspiracy theorist top pick, and a goo follow up to "Goodbye world"
Francisco G.
½ May 13, 2014
It's a fairly interesting take on the post apocalyptic genre, but it's just bland and insipid at that. The cinematography is ugly, the action bit at the start is just a guy driving around looking concerned, the secondary cast is disposable, but features a good enough chemistry between the two leads and interesting situations between the two. However, that doesn't really save a very inert movie, albeit confident on the execution of it's ideas.
April 16, 2014
Right At Your Door tager en fremragende (og uhyggelig) idé, og former den til en 90 minutters stabil, neglebidende thriller. Cochrane er ikke helt stærk nok til at bære den største rolle, og som man tit ser i denne type film, med et meget lille cast, er der lidt "døde" perioder undervejs. Men konceptet holder, og slutningen er god. Det er nok til mig.
½ March 7, 2014
I just realized that I forgot to review this.
A movie with a simple premise, that aims to be a lot more.
Bombs go off in downtown L.A. Bombs full of nasty chemicals that contaminate any who come in contact with them. The whole city is put in lock down, and told to seal up their homes. No one goes in or out.
So we have a guy at home, and his wife downtown at work when the bombs go off. She manages to find her way back home through the chaos, and her husband has a great dilemma.
There's some pretty tense moments here, and it really makes you think about what you would do in a similar situation.
Unfortunately, by the end it ends up following a bit too many cliches, which hurts what it's trying to say.
I'd still recommend it, as it does some things that I haven't seen before, which is refreshing.
March 2, 2014
Pretty Intense movie for having such little action scenes. Director did a very good job!
½ February 22, 2014
The basic weight of this movie fell of Rory Cochrane, and he killed it.. Great use of single location and looming doom.