Right at Your Door - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Right at Your Door Reviews

January 3, 2014
An awful, but plausible story, with an unexpected twist towards the end. Unnerving and relentlessly claustrophobic, it's not a typical apocalyptic horror story. And it's especially effective in the way it's told. Usually, as viewers, we're party to information that characters don't have and can see all the way around the story. That is not the case here, we learn (or don't learn) at the same time as Brad and Lexi do, which definitely adds to the films overall feeling of hopelessness and impotence and adds a subtle commentary of frustration and distrust over those in authority and blind obedience.
December 24, 2013
Found this to be utterly tedious. Was told the ending would be worthwhile but it was tawdry.
November 29, 2013
Biological bombs have been detonated around downtown Los Angeles and the smoke and ash that follows has locked down the surrounding areas also, people are making their houses airtight as to keep the poison out but many are left out to die. The film focuses on Brad and Lexi who have just moved into their new home, Lexi heading to work when it happens and out of work musician Brad tries to get into town to rescue her but is thwarted at every turn, he doesn't hear from her and is worried so he seals himself in the house. Lexi turns up, sick. The military rule is seeking out the infected. It's a decently made film and well shot. The kicker is a little telegraphed but it's still worth watching.
½ September 29, 2013
So incredibly intense. Probably the most disturbing movie of 2007.
August 7, 2013
excellent & very intense drama with a very interesting story/situation
the two leads are superb & the 1st 15 mins is done so well with an nice twist at the end
a pretty good virus/horror film
August 1, 2013
Why is everybody an arsehole in this? Why does she even want to get into the house? Why does everyone hate the latino guy? Why did I even bother to review this? So many questions, so few answers.
July 28, 2013
interesting little apocalyptic horror/thriller
July 25, 2013
A chemical weapon or 'dirty bomb' is set of in Los Angeles and the toxic cloud is quickly spreading over the city and surrounding area. Right at Your Door revolves around a couple living in the suburbs - Brad & Lexi. Lexi is on her way into the city for work as the weapon hits and the story is from the perspective of Brad at home. As Brad learns more and more of the disaster from news reports and the cloud engulfs his home he struggles to contact Lexi and ultimately he has to make the decision to seal his house and let no one back in to secure his own survival. It's low budget and didn't get much distribution at the time of release but this is no indication of it's quality. It is well filmed and the editing and Direction give a heightened sense of realism. There are a host of films addressing issues of War and Terror but on a much larger scale. Right at Your Door brings it right back to an individual - how it affects one man and his relationship. The script is solid and the story is gripping. The ending has a great payoff that will not disappoint. Recommended.
May 8, 2013
Interesting ending....nothing else
½ January 31, 2013
Plot was okay and movie didn't really get boring at any point. Great ending and an unexpected twist.
December 31, 2012
A woman working in downtown Los Angeles is exposed to the fallout of a detonated dirty bomb. She escapes the city and heads home to the suburbs where her pathetic husband has sealed her out of their house to avoid contamination.
This movie is full of stupid dialogue, illogical behavior and a twist ending that comes out of nowhere. Don't waste your time with this. All I wanted to do was beat the crap out of the husband and wife.
December 31, 2012
'Right at your Door' is a good (to very good) low-budget thriller, featuring a couple of commendable performances from Rory Cochrane and Mary McCormack in the lead roles.

I admire a movie that sets out to engage the viewer within the first few minutes, and that's exactly what happens here. Little to no time was wasted in getting the story moving, resulting in a nice running time of only 90 minutes.

For an independent film, I give 'Right at your Door' a pass mark for being original and thinking outside the square, especially in the way the movie ends. There were elements of the film I didn't like much, but these were few and far between.

If you want a bit of suspense, and even a fright or two, check out 'Right at your Door'.
November 28, 2012
My friend recommended this one to me, so I put it on my to see list. Kinda' glad that I did...The twist at the end was quite surprising. (Spoiler Alert) When ole dude coughed there toward the end, I knew something was up just not what. Anyway, this one is worth seeing at least one...
September 30, 2012
Surprisingly scary considering how this kinda thing could totally happen. Love the ending! like really really love the ending!
August 31, 2012
That movie where its trailer is damn good, but after watching the film you'll be surprised how wrong you are.

I did like how it started quickly. That's one good thing - no long scenes before the story happens. It's as soon as the bomb happens this movie got pathetic. The music was so awful, it was head numbingly sound effects all throughout. There was no suspense and no real big threat as he was safe inside.

And man or woman, you would still let a loved one inside your house. He was so selfish and unrealistic.

Above all, this film was tortuously boring and just down right awful.
½ August 25, 2012
ive already seen it its pretty good messed up though
½ August 5, 2012
Not bad for a modest little indie thriller. Could've used some writing touch-ups.
July 4, 2012
This is a film I end up re watching every couple years since I found it. It remains a favorite of mine because it is such a solid film. Paranoid, claustrophobic, and very well directed. Not many people take on these type of stories set in the US. I appreciate that and it still seems current in its relativity even though it was released seven years ago. Lines are crossed in a time of panic and that is dealt with very well here without going overboard. In a time of peril you have to adapt. As a viewer you are thrust into the situation with little character information. Which again, most film makers just do not make movies like this. I hate to say daring, but it is. This was a daring film to make for an American audience. I would love to see Chris Gorak get some heavy funding for some more films. Watch this, and watch The Darkest Hour if you have not seen it yet.
½ June 14, 2012