Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky Reviews

• Nov 21, 2019

this film has a poor and obvious plot but offers a dose of exaggerated and strangely funny violence precisely because of its exaggeration. At the end one watches this film only for the scenes of extreme violence where rivers of blood flow

• Mar 08, 2019

Quirky dialogue and bad pacing can't stop this movie from being amazing. Louis Fan's acting is at 100% here and he shines in every scene he is in. This is one of my all-time favorite movies.

• Dec 20, 2018

I have seen this movie 15 times. Classic!

I have seen this movie 15 times. Classic!

• Oct 17, 2018

Oh man... that was a blast! So over the top with its violence, gore and humor. I was soo entertained by this it makes me want to go seek out the manga.

• Feb 27, 2018

Riki-Oh is a fantastic film to come out of Hong Kong's "Category III" (equivalent to an X or Unrated film in the US) wave of the mid 80's to mid 90s. Based upon a Japanese manga of the same name, this Hong Kong take on the story truly captures the plot and brutal imagery depicted within. Highly recommended to film fans that enjoy the alternative side of cinema! Also, this film was produced in 1991. The 2001 date listed is from when it was shown briefly in select US theaters to promote its original North American DVD release.

• Dec 09, 2017

Graphically violent martial arts film has a large cult following.

Graphically violent martial arts film has a large cult following.

• Jun 25, 2017

RIKI-OH: THE STORY OF RICKY is pure insanity and ridiculousness. Absolutely nothing about this movie resembles anything related, or pertaining to, reality. It is pure entertainment and comic book material, and it is very entertaining, if your stomach can handle it. The extremely gory violence in this movie is so ludicrously crazy and so tongue-in-cheek that you actually can forget about the fact that humans have blood, bones and organs whilst watching it; this funny movie is a lot of fun to watch.

• Feb 04, 2017

Alot of B martial arts/action movies suffer from a key flaw; taking themselves too seriously. Instead of embracing the fact that these movies are ridiculous, they try to add complex plot twists or deep character development which always comes off very hoaky and forced. Nobody is expecting an Oscar performance in a movie where you main character kills fifty people with his bare hands, and "Riki Oh: The Story of Riki" realizes that. "Riki Oh" feels like a martial arts movie made by (Sam Raimi)[Evil Dead 1and 2, Army of Darkness], and by that I mean it has all the over the top blood and gore effects you would find in a Raimi movie. Unless you've seen the "Raid 1,2", you know that most fight movies don't have alot of blood; maybe a bloody nose or some small cuts, but you won't see people having holes punched through their stomach ( This happens 10 minutes into the movie). This movie starts as a typical: badass guy goes to jail, every gang messes with him for no reason and he kicks the crap outta them and brings down a corrupt prison warden. Pretty straight forward, and nothing mind blowing. What is mind blowing metaphorically and literally is the insane fight scenes. This isn't "Ong Bak" amazing, with death defying stunts. It's just amazing with death. How? Let me let me just list a few ways Riki kills people. - punches hole through a guys stomach (4 times in the movie) - x ray punches a guy in the head and shatters his skull - punches a guys arm, opposite hand, and his mouth off ( this all happens to one guy) - blending someone to death in a meatgrinder These are just a few of the highlights,but there are oh so many more. The English dubbing and use of bad rubber mannequins for some of the deaths keep the laughs accumulating as well. I could tell you everything psychotic that happens in this movie in detail, but I don't have time to write a novel. " Riki Oh" is also a film that you have to see to believe. You can describe it to someone but the full effect can't be felt until you see it yourself. " Riki Oh" is currently on YouTube to watch with the English dubbing. It's gained a major cult following in recent years and already has over 6.5 million views on YouTube. So do I recommend this movie? F**k yeah!!!! " Riki Oh" for myself, was almost the pinnacle of action movie entertainment. I laughed alot and found myself jumping out of my chair going " That was gnarly, and ridiculous, and awesome!". So if you and your buddies want to have a goodtime; grab some popcorn, fire up your computer and enjoy " Riki Oh: The Story of Riki", or as I like to call it. "Riki Oh: The Baddest Mothaf**ka to Walk the Face of the Earth". Sure that's a long title, but it's just as nuts as the movie. 5/5

• Dec 30, 2016

In the future, when all prisons have been privatized, our hero Riki is sent to jail for killing the man who killed his girlfriend. The prison is a hierarchy where each of it's 4 cell blocks is run by a superhuman prisoner, all under the watch of the Warden and the Assistant Warden. But Riki is superhuman too, and doesn't like to take no guff. Bloody bloody bloody mayhem ensues. This absurd, comic book gore fest is a joy for anyone able to stand a flick where people punch through people's heads, a guy cuts his stomach open in order to strange someone with his intestines, and a huge industrial meat grinder figures in the climactic battle.

• Dec 18, 2016

¿Qué puedo decir? Si es que es magnífica... ¿Qué puedo decir? Si es que es magnífica... Escuchad una crítica completa en: http://www.ivoox.com/terror-no-tiene-podcast-episodio-25-audios-mp3_rf_14256790_1.html