Ringers - Lord of the Fans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ringers - Lord of the Fans Reviews

½ February 15, 2009
Very interesting and funny. This documentary is about how The Lord of the Rings has influenced society worldwide.
½ November 28, 2008
One of the most amazing movies I have seen...if ur a LOTR fans, I recomend u to see it!!!!
November 25, 2008
Maybe only hardcore fans should watch this. They're the only ones who aren't going to be completely frightened by the mad fandom.
½ October 30, 2008
I just wanted to see uber-dorks dressed up like Gandolf the Gay, speaking elvish, and neglecting the ever present reality that everyone else lives in, but I got a documentary on how Tolkien's work has worked its way into modern pop-culture. Boring....
½ October 24, 2008
Entertaining. Can sense the passion that fans have, which also led to the making of this docu.
October 1, 2008
it wasn't that bad for a doc. I liked seeing all the slightly crazy people in their costumes. I liked the interviews with the stars of the movies. the only thing I really disliked is the "groovy transitions" for each decade they were talking about...
This doc made me feel like a very mild fan compared to most of the people in this movie! :)
August 17, 2008
An ok documentary charting the popularity of The Lord of the Rings books and films and the impact they have on the many fans, narrated by Dominic Monaghan. There are some interesting moments here and at times it can be informative. However, there are some pointless moments including a song about merchandise. Overall, a good watch if you're a fan of Tolkien's world.
July 21, 2008
Fairly entertaining. A good history of the series that doesn't focus too much on the crazies.
½ July 8, 2008
As good as Trekkies, with less disturbing fans.
June 25, 2008
This is a frightening look into fandom. I'm giving up Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and all related things for all time.
June 17, 2008
lame "documentary" that really doesn't serve a purpose or establish a point. a lot more in the mindset of the 60s counter culture view of LOTR than even the recent films or real tolkienism.

gains an extra half star for having clips of terry pratchet, though.
½ May 31, 2008
funny entertaining documentary.
½ May 25, 2008
A cheesy, but entertaining documentary. It shows extreme LoTR fans today and documents the evolution of LoTR fandom throughout the years.
½ May 25, 2008
Interesting and useless knowledge combine forces to make this a 'Must Watch' for fans only. All others won't care. I love LoTR, but I must admit I like the fan-umentary of 'Trekkies' much more than this piece... and I hate Star Trek, if that means anything. A good attempt on the directors/producers part though. I just don't think a mariachi band doing a karaoke sing-along in the middle is a good idea for a Lord of the Rings tribute movie..
May 24, 2008
se me cayeron unas lagrimas iwal.
April 19, 2008
A pretty good doc about the LoTR through the ages. It's not really about the movies but more about the cultural impact the books have had on the world since first being published.
I learned a lot about the journey to the big screen and recommend this to people who are fans of the movies or the books.
February 24, 2008
A pretty cool documentary, but a little overly cheesy.
½ February 22, 2008
A fun and kind of crazy documentary about The Lord of the Rings and its huge fan base. Some people are just your run of the mill fans while others take fandom to a whole other level. Is enjoyable for anyone who loves Lord of the Rings, or thinks that they are the biggest fan.
½ February 22, 2008
½ February 17, 2008
An uneven tale of the books and movies and the impact they have had and do have on society. Parts were quite good; parts were very slow and frivolous.