Ringu 0 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ringu 0 Reviews

July 26, 2015
I loved the double Sadako... the sweet one and the creepy one.
January 21, 2015
Prequel dei due film precendenti , pił riuscito di the ring 2 e anche molto pił spaventoso , finalmente sadako ha le sue origini da incubi!
November 4, 2014
Ringu 0 Basudai, (Birthday), is brilliant horror at it's best. Complex layers. More is revealed in the Japanese manga. You should watch Ringu first. Back story of Sadako, and how the curse started. It has none of the typical boring American formulaic spooks and blood to gratuitously attempt to scare you, but only makes your eyes roll.

Dumbfounded by some of the other reviews. Do they eat lithium for breakfast? If you're used to American fluff, and don't understand Japanese movies or culture, this may not be for you.

The build-up, story and reveals lure you in. Soundtrack fantastic. Scariest movie I've ever seen. Yukie Nakama is one of the cutest Japanese actresses. That dichotomy between her and her alter give the movie power. Psychological. Best seen on a hot summer night to give you chills. Nightmares to follow.
½ August 29, 2014
Confused, unscary and never as interesting as the original movie, "Ringu 0" is a dull attempt to make a prequel to the franchise.
½ May 2, 2014
Pretty average fare for a horror film!
February 22, 2014
Confusing and (hate to say it) rather dull, prequel to Ringu (The Ring).
October 24, 2013
I can't decide whether this does actually feel necessary or not. The story of Sadako's formative years, of which we have been given a fair amount of information by the first two films. Due to the setting 30 years prior to the first film it doesn't really feel as much like a Ring film and plays out more like a teen angst drama than a horror film.
September 8, 2013
A prequel to the first two Japanese horror classics with a complete backstory.
½ August 17, 2013
in many way a typical prequel that doesent really do much to add to this series.
August 8, 2013
At times still creepy, Ringu 0 essentially moves us through the story of how Sadako developed from her beginnings as a mere outcast and psychic young woman to her later status as a vengeful spirit. While the film lacks the scares and creepy aura of the original, it is still a fun and bizarre adventure into the background of these characters.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
½ November 18, 2012
A l'image de la saga , RINGU 0 : BASUDEI est lent, sans interet, avec des acteurs au charisme d'une huitre. HIDEO NAKATA a quitte le navire et c'est NORIO TSURUTA qui reprend le flambeau, sans pouvoir vraiment faire la difference. Le dernier quart d'heure est encore la meilleure partie du film. Dommage qu'il faille passer par 1h15 de drame convenu.
November 12, 2012
The third installment in the the Ringu series is actually a prequel and the only one not to get a Hollywood makeover. There's a reason for that. Ringu 0 is more character-based (actually Sadako-based) with an overall theatrical feel, steeped in drama and tragedy. Crucially, it lacks the scares that made the first such a big hit the world over.
That's not to say there aren't scares, they're just subtler, with director Norio Tsuruta concentrating more on the eeriness of the whole affair. It plays out really well. We get a better look at Sadako as a troubled young woman, her fear of her own self, her longing for human connection and the mess of it all. We also get a better view of her father, just for a few minutes but they are effectively used. Sadako's mother is, if possible, even creepier than her daughter.
Understandably, some may find this boring but i can only speak for my self and i found it much more interesting than the first two. Not as scary, not as a entertaining but definitely more interesting. Ringu 0 is not without its flaws but it's a brave, understated effort with imagery that at times, particularly during the last 25 minutes, is otherworldly beautiful..in a creepy way.
November 11, 2012
A melancholic prequel, more of a drama than the other films, but still delivers the goods at the climax!
September 30, 2012
this anthology is slightly boring but fans of the The Ring franchise have something to much on here
August 18, 2012
Many people seemed to like this, but I don't think there was any need for a prequel. The basic premise of the Ringu series is quite original in the first movie, but it doesn't carry three of them. In fact, I got bored watching this one, and getting bored in a horror movie is not a good thing.
July 12, 2012
I'm thankful we are mostly spared of the deadly video te storyline. why did that ever scare us. But not much here makes a whole lot of sense as a prequel to Ringu
June 25, 2012
A Shakespearean take on this horror story that works with a plus of a couple of truly scary scenes.
June 12, 2012
Harder to follow due to the original is not in english