Rio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rio Reviews

March 12, 2016
One of the Best Family movies of the start of 2011. Very enjoyable and colorful story and animation makes it a recommended family movie....
March 12, 2016
A animated film from Not-Pixar
Null
½ March 9, 2016
Rio is fun, visually nice and pretty entertaining. It definitely doesn't rank as one of the best animated films but is still a fun time for the family!
January 27, 2016
Rio is an animated film by Blue Sky Studios that stars Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway in a pretty simple premise that is just about a Spix's macaw that got lost and wanted to go back to his owner, while also being chained up to a female bird of his own kind. With the premise like that, you know exactly where it's going without a doubt, but the journey of it is actually a pretty funny and entertaining one. The voice acting is great, and it doesn't feel like I'm just listening to A list casting. Most of the jokes get a laugh out of me, and the songs are catchy to listen. The animation is beautiful to look at, and when it shows Rio, it looks really nice even though it's animated. There are some nice scenes between Jesse and Anne as they have good chemistry together. The villains are your typical bad guys and just they just felt like the three stooges to me, which would've been fine, if they were more funny which they had some moments there, just not enough, except for Nigel who's a fun villain. During the final act, some of the jokes start to fall flat here and there, and you know exactly where it's leading to which is fine, kids films need a happy ending, just something not this obvious. As it is, Rio is a great film that knew what it wanted to be, and it'll entertain both the kids and adults
½ January 10, 2016
Wasn't my favourite animated film but some good songs and great for the kids
November 5, 2015
A cast of memorable characters and the beauties of CG Brazil make Rio a must-see.
October 18, 2015
Pretty good kids film, compared to the myriad others.
½ October 9, 2015
151008: My boy keeps coming back to this film. I questioned him; until it was over. Smart boy.
September 23, 2015
A great animated film that has a great voice cast, a good story, and terrific animation. It's one of the best films by Blue Sky and it's a must-see for fans of animation.
September 6, 2015
This amazing comedy has got brilliant animation,catchy songs,clever story,and great characters. Rio is a musical classic worthy enough to be famous. Review by Logan Cornn.
½ August 19, 2015
I like the sizzle, but there really wasn't much steak.
August 18, 2015
Not outstanding, but not the bore that it seems.
½ August 11, 2015
Rating: 69%
With bright animation, colorful yet silly characters, and a so-so plot, Rio should entertain the kiddies while giving the adults a fair share.
August 10, 2015
Colorful and fabulous.
August 8, 2015
this movie I love
~
August 3, 2015
Annoying and colorless, Rio is simply a horrible example of a fun filled family adventure
August 1, 2015
A nice movie with birds and a good straightforward story. It's music is also quite catchy.
½ July 19, 2015
Decent enough, that's it.
½ July 5, 2015
I gave this movie a C+
½ June 29, 2015
Lightweight and funny, Rio succeeds at family entertainment with great visual animation and hilarious voice acting.