Rio Conchos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rio Conchos Reviews

September 17, 2016
one of my most favorite westerns of all time
April 17, 2016
Typical, enjoyable western for those who enjoy watching westerns. And I enjoy watching westerns.
September 29, 2015
The conflicted characters make it worth seeing.
½ May 22, 2014
One Of The Last Of The Great Action Westerns--An American Spaghetti Western!!
October 4, 2011
An outstanding western with a great cast. It's Jim Brown's debut and he's memorable. Richard Boone's Lassiter is more irascible than usual, with good cause. Edmund O'Brian's performance as the Rebel officer who's come slightly adrift of his senses is spot on.
½ August 9, 2011
Going into this movie I knew nothing about it other than the superb theme, composed, of course, by Jerry Goldsmith. It wasn't necessarily terrible, but it's kinda one of those movies where you get to the end and you're kinda like "Okay....? What was the point?" One good thing it's definitely got going for it is that it escaped the standard 1960's Western Movie cliche of killing off the female character.

The movie's got some fun parts, some interesting parts, put a lot of parts where you're resting your chin on your hand and your eyes are semi-drooping.

Not sure I would ever need to see it again.... But you never know.

SPOILER
One thing I really didn't like about it was that I felt it went too far with morbidness by having a baby crying in a cradle because it has been mortally wounded by an Indian. I feel like that was really unnecessary. At the very most it should have just been dead already, and instead of seeing the baby the camera is behind the cradle and aimed at the actor as he looks down at it. So you know what's in there, but you don't see it. I mean, even that I would be uncomfortable with, but it would be preferable to what the movie DID show.
½ November 26, 2010
I hate westerns, which isn't the only reason I hated this movie, it's just so boring and slow, I couldn't stand it.
½ May 9, 2010
A fairly standard western, this is made a bit more interesting by the solid casting. Richard Boone, Anthony Franciosa (not James Franciscus!), Stuart Whitman, and James Brown in his film debut are all quite good. Nothing new to add to the genre, but worth a watch if you're in the mood.
½ January 15, 2010
I found that Rio Conchos was entertaining. It is an action packed flick about a man who lives for killing. Richard Boone was awesome in this movie. The supporting cast is also excellent. The script is good and so is the director, Gordon Douglas. Rio Conchos is recommended to who like an action packed western.
December 26, 2009
This movie is awesome! I dont understand the haters....just because a film does not have John Wayne and an overblown budget does not mean its not entertaining and well written.
Richard Boone excells as always, Jim Brown makes his debut,
Stuart Whitman in the lead, what more do you want? No cliches, just a great movie.
½ October 12, 2009
I am a fan of western movies. Richard Boone was a great actor in these westerns ... and this was one of his greatest performances. An added benefit was having Jim Brown at his best in this one as well. This is a good one to watch if you're a fan of westerns.
½ November 26, 2006
Very ordinary western, but I am not much of a western fan, so if you are you may well liuke it much more. I thought a number of the sets were very phony looking and was not thrilled with any of the acting, I found most to be overacting. So so story, seemed longer than 107 minutes.