R.I.P.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

R.I.P.D. Reviews

½ April 15, 2016
Much better than the reviews. I enjoyed it on a big television. I think the reputation as a bomb is undeserved. Compared to other comic derived films, and I mean Batman Returns, and the Avenger films, R.I.P.D. was a good and enjoyable film. It moved a long with humor and excellent special effects. The stars were great. Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds, Mary Louise Parker, Kevin Bacon
I liked the film. It was jaunty and active without being insanely jumpy, the way the Spiderman films were. I am a contrarian. I think someday this films will be recognized as better than the critic said it was. It was similar to Men in Black.
The same kind of buddy film. Older and wiser and young up-and-comer. Lots of weapons, bad guys and a high tech precinct. The stars were enjoying themselves and I enjoyed watching them. I think this films should have a caught a break. It was watchable and well paced
½ April 14, 2016
Really enjoyed this film despite the bad reviews, Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds were Awesome in this
jamrcla
½ March 27, 2016
After reading allot of negative reviews I wasn't expecting much but I must say I really enjoyed it and found it quite entertaining, All the cast were good but Jeff Bridges steals the show, The effects were ok but a film that cost over a Ģ100million to make they should of been better, The action scenes were good nothing new, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Same old plot in most films like this, It did kind of feel like a Men In Black film in places, The humour in the film fits in well as you would expect with a Ryan Reynolds film, Underrated and worth watching.
½ March 8, 2016
I generally enjoyed it. I wished they had upped the slapstick. The ending could have been happier.
½ February 27, 2016
So Good its Bad. Kind of a Cult Classic.
½ February 21, 2016
Not great, but not terrible either.

Originally written on November 23, 2013--
Watched this flick when it came out on DVD. Glad I waited. It's kind of a cross between Men In Black and Starsky & Hutch. Special effects are pretty cool, but the storyline really wasn't that good. It's too bad, because with the all-star cast, this really should have been a better film.
½ February 21, 2016
What a piece of crap this movie is.
February 18, 2016
I actually ended up watching this movie a few days ago. I was as unimpressed as I thought it would be.
February 6, 2016
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. My wife and I walked out and so did another couple in the audience. Zero stars!
½ February 6, 2016
Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still bad.
January 25, 2016
No enjoyment, no expectations, and no gratitude gives R.I.P.D. the ability to bore those who only watched this misguided film for Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds.
½ January 24, 2016
Reasonable and enjoyable film. Would not mind watching it again
½ January 23, 2016
I actually like this movie. I didn't mind the predictability or the not-so-great CGI. I think I'm just going to have to chalk this up to a guilty pleasure.
January 17, 2016
RIDP and MIB so look alike. Regardless of that, the cast of this movie is so awful, with cheesy jokes and full of cliche.
½ January 6, 2016
Absolutely mindless. Not even a consolation star, absolutely dumbfounded by this lackluster bust of a movie.

"Amazingly, awful."

Alliteration of the day.

0.0
December 2, 2015
Seeing this film for the first time, made a bad first impression instead of being close enough to tolerable. After seeing "R.I.P.D." two more times prior to this review, put my rating up by about one star.
½ November 17, 2015
Wanna be Men In Black.
November 11, 2015
I really liked this one!!! itīs too ridiculous but also itīs so funny}
½ November 6, 2015
One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. I rented this movie from the library and it wasn't even worth the $2.00 in late fees I was charged.
November 6, 2015
I love this movie. Granted, it is formulaic, but that doesn't mean it can't be good. Maybe it is because it's based off a comic (something I didn't know about) and so people don't like how it's represented.