Rise of the Guardians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rise of the Guardians Reviews

½ September 5, 2017
Rise of the Guardians is surprisingly entertaining -- and most of that is due to an interesting villain. Jude Law as Pitch Black is calm, collected evil, and it's fun to see how much he savors that role. This movie also has a clever take on traditional folklore and the animation is unique and engaging. I'm not sure why it failed at the box office.
½ August 17, 2017
Although some may find the story too straight-forward or corny, 'Rise of The Guardians' is a touching tale of the magic of childhood and the power of belief, with inspired voice-acting, wonderfully colourful animation and some big-scale, dazzling action sequences which, all in all, should be enough to entertain both children and adults alike.
August 14, 2017
Rise of the Guardians is a beautifully animated movie. The cinematography is spot on, and the characters are good. The story is kinda forgettable though.
August 6, 2017
Surprisingly well crafted story considering. Some of the lines border on cheesy but there are other moments of genius.
Voice cast are fantastic and perfectly suited to their respective roles. Extra credit to an unrecognizable Alec Baldwin and a soothingly creepy Jude Law.
Didn't expect to like this film..and I really did.
June 25, 2017
So my final thoughts on the movie I just finished watching Rise of the Guardians is that it's a well made, very animated and adventurous story about the main fairy tale characters Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Jack Frost and the Boogie Man. The on going battle between naughty and nice that goes on in this movie is irresistible and nearly impossible to walk away from. It really goes to show that happiness is always better than sadness or anger.
½ June 22, 2017
The move wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst one, still lets be honest here.... maybe some people just watch this movie for jack frost because is for him why the movie get some popularity. Still then jack frost was the only one that gain love and popularity because is handsome, that's it
June 11, 2017
I'm done, I'm sick of Dream Works Animation films, They are all Overrated... Except 2.
June 9, 2017
great children's movie
June 5, 2017
The characters are determined to give hope and light, and so does this movie.
June 5, 2017
could have done more
½ May 26, 2017
Nice job, DreamWorks. It kind of reminds me of The Avengers, but hey, I think that's the point. And I love The Avengers, so the fact that this movie reminds of that is a great thing.
May 17, 2017
This was fun and the bogey man was scary. I always believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Sand Man and Jack Frost ~?
½ April 30, 2017
Doesn't make sense and has a boring storyline.
April 29, 2017
Good animated film. Was interesting the whole time.
April 23, 2017
Rise of the Guardians (2012) is an often fun and action packed adventure that has surprising depth and a lot of creative ideas. The story is very solid and they leave enough time to focus on the creative elements as well as the development of Jack Frost. They play out the narrative like a fantasy version of The Avengers and it works thanks to it's likable characters and it's magical premise. I really appreciate how this movie goes in deep about how they protect the children of the world and how the power in believing is really important to our main characters. However, the way they portray characters like Santa and The Easter Bunny can raise a few questions. I don't mind if they wanted to give a different interpretation on these beloved icons but there were some points in the film where it seemed like they changed a lot of the things to the point where it started to confuse me as to what I thought I knew about those characters. It's not terrible and they do explain everything but the different interpretations seemed rather odd and confusing at some points. On the other hand, Characters like Sandman, Tooth Fairy, Pitch Black and Jack Frost himself, all are uniquely explained and they have their own share of unique powers as well as interesting backgrounds. The actors they got to play the characters bring really likable voices and they really stand out in terms of giving them personality. One thing that felt a little distracting was the flow of the narrative. Sometimes there's a joke or a moment with the kids in the real world that made the movie slow down. It's not that it's unnecessary but sometimes I feel like their could have been a better way to execute certain scenes. The animation is incredible and it does everything it can to show off the magical abilities of the Characters and the amazing set designs where a lot of the characters are headquartered. The action is smooth and it does a great job with moving along with the characters wide range of attacks. My favorite sequences have to be when the sandman uses his powers to bring dreams to all the children in the world. The Music score has an almost epic feel and it does great when things get really dramatic or really action packed. It also gets whimsical whenever the mood lightens up or when a sad moment needs to happen. I consider this to be a very solid effort from Dreamworks. Everything in this movie is very likable and very imaginative. It works out all the ideas you can possibly do in this premise and it executes them wonderfully. It does have a few bumps here and there but I really liked this movie and I think everyone who made this movie should be proud for the effort they put in (B+)
½ April 17, 2017
Very underappreciated film with interesting-looking character design.
½ March 27, 2017
I like this film. The animation is beautiful of course, the characters are likeable, and the story is intriguing. I always call this The Avengers for little kids because it is kind of cool to see these famous childhood characters come together. The voice acting is pretty good especially Alec Baldwin's as Santa Claus, who was awesome. Chris Pine does really well too, though his voice seems a bit too deep for Jack Frost. I love Jack and I felt pretty bad for him. Jude Law does well as Pitch Black, even if the villain's motivation is weak. But when you're character's the Boogie Man what can you expect? The comedy and drama are also well done. The only issue I have with the film is that the storytelling is a bit choppy at points, but it's not too bad. This is one of my favorites from the studio, but I wouldn't put it high on the list. Rise of the Guardians is an energized magical treat.
½ March 12, 2017
Enjoyed it very much with my kids. Cute
March 11, 2017
Reminds me of the Christmas specials of old - pretty imaginative story.
February 19, 2017