Rise of the Guardians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rise of the Guardians Reviews

April 22, 2018
This movie is exciting to watch even as an adult! I love the personalities they gave each character. The additional scenes after the credits are hilarious.
April 17, 2018
A kid's film that's not afraid to go to some very dark places with pizazz and humour and which ultimately celebrates courage, magic and the power of dreams
½ April 12, 2018
it's good for the kids, and it has a charming concept. but the plot is trifling, including the lack of diversity of personal qualities that ensemble films like 'the avengers' possessed. 'rise of the guardians' fails to argue these legends can mesh well together.
April 2, 2018
This film, based on a Father's bedtime stories told to his Daughter, is unspoilt, touching and true to the way children imagine. I am so glad that it didn't get pimped up in an attempt to be more 'entertaining' to the masses.
The story is well told and the animation is excellent with a little nod it seems to the Harry Potter genre.
Full of imagination it is ideal family viewing. The PG rating seems rather overkill as Grimm's Fairy Tales are much more graphic and dark In comparison. But then that could be a good excuse for you to watch as well and release your inner child !
March 30, 2018
Ever since being created by the all-powerful Man in the Moon, Jack Frost (Chris Pine) has spent over three centuries causing mischief with his ice powers, while wondering about his true purpose in life. However, after he gets summoned by The Guardians, a group consisting of the likes of The Tooth Fairy (Isla Fisher), the Sandman, the Easter Bunny (Hugh Jackman) and Santa Claus (Alec Baldwin), to help them stop the evil boogeyman Pitch (Jude Law) from destroying children's hope and dreams, Jack must rise to this challenge, in order to find out who he really is...

Released unfortunately in 2012, to middling box-office returns due to uninspired marketing, this beautiful looking film manages to capture the true meaning of childhood with it's complex, yet interesting ideas about the importance of each of the guardian's rolessuch as teeth representing memories and eggs representing new life.

The animation, especially the sharp-edged character designs, stands out as some of Dreamworks Animations most creative yet, thanks to the assistance of Gullimero Del Toro being more prominent here, as with most of the films produced during his brief skit at Dreamworks and although the voice-acting is a bit hit or miss in terms of Jude Law's Pitch, Alec Baldwin's Russian Santa and Hugh Jackman's Australian Easter Bunny are both a joy to listen to.

Overall, Rise of the Guardians, along with the Kung Fu Panda and How to Train your Dragon films, stands out as some of the best material that Dreamworks Animation has ever created, thanks to it's interesting worldbuilding skills and the beautiful animation.
½ March 27, 2018
This one tickes all the boxes. It's a great movie.
March 27, 2018
Love it. Can't help but watch every time my kids put it on. Family fav.
February 27, 2018
Loved this movie, fun and exciting. The characters and story line are great with lots of humor.
December 18, 2017
Exactly how I never knew I saw them. Feels like magic with meaning.
½ September 5, 2017
Rise of the Guardians is surprisingly entertaining -- and most of that is due to an interesting villain. Jude Law as Pitch Black is calm, collected evil, and it's fun to see how much he savors that role. This movie also has a clever take on traditional folklore and the animation is unique and engaging. I'm not sure why it failed at the box office.
½ August 17, 2017
Although some may find the story too straight-forward or corny, 'Rise of The Guardians' is a touching tale of the magic of childhood and the power of belief, with inspired voice-acting, wonderfully colourful animation and some big-scale, dazzling action sequences which, all in all, should be enough to entertain both children and adults alike.
August 14, 2017
Rise of the Guardians is a beautifully animated movie. The cinematography is spot on, and the characters are good. The story is kinda forgettable though.
August 6, 2017
Surprisingly well crafted story considering. Some of the lines border on cheesy but there are other moments of genius.
Voice cast are fantastic and perfectly suited to their respective roles. Extra credit to an unrecognizable Alec Baldwin and a soothingly creepy Jude Law.
Didn't expect to like this film..and I really did.
June 25, 2017
So my final thoughts on the movie I just finished watching Rise of the Guardians is that it's a well made, very animated and adventurous story about the main fairy tale characters Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Jack Frost and the Boogie Man. The on going battle between naughty and nice that goes on in this movie is irresistible and nearly impossible to walk away from. It really goes to show that happiness is always better than sadness or anger.
½ June 22, 2017
The move wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst one, still lets be honest here.... maybe some people just watch this movie for jack frost because is for him why the movie get some popularity. Still then jack frost was the only one that gain love and popularity because is handsome, that's it
June 11, 2017
I'm done, I'm sick of Dream Works Animation films, They are all Overrated... Except 2.
June 9, 2017
great children's movie
June 5, 2017
The characters are determined to give hope and light, and so does this movie.
June 5, 2017
could have done more
½ May 26, 2017
Nice job, DreamWorks. It kind of reminds me of The Avengers, but hey, I think that's the point. And I love The Avengers, so the fact that this movie reminds of that is a great thing.