Riverworld - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Riverworld Reviews

½ February 27, 2016
1 1/2 ud af 5 flodbåde. Den anden lusede tv-filmatisering af Philip José Farmers mesterværk er en totalt forvirrende suppedas, som efterlader enhver, der ikke har læst bøgerne, på herrens mark -- og har man læst bøgerne, løber man skrigende væk. Helten fra bøgerne, Francis Richard Burton, er degraderet til skurk, og man får generelt ikke nogen som helst forklaring på, hvad der foregår. Den halve stjerne gives for en kvindelig japansk samurai, der forstår at svinge katanaen. Jeg håber virkelig, at et af de større produktionsselskaber som HBO, Amazon eller Netflix på et tidspunkt øjner muligheden for at få et ordentligt produceret hit ud af den bogserie, der er en af mine absolutte sf-favoritter.
March 16, 2013
One of the worst films I've ever seen... having said that, I loved it. It was oddly compelling... stilted dialogue and completely unconvincing scenarios aside. The message is the thing ! Highly recommend it to anyone capable of finding a diamond in the mud.
½ May 30, 2012
I have never read the books this is based on but perhaps I should. This particular movie adaption isnt great but its not horrible. It has some decent acting but overall its just another Syfy movie.
May 18, 2012
Dull. Could have been interesting, but told in a very unimaginative sort of way, especially for a sci fi movie. A TV movie, and it certainly looks and feels like one.
December 18, 2011
The only interest is the appearance of Mark Twain in the story. Mark Twain is interesting everywhere.
June 12, 2011
I have only seen the first half, so I don't want to comment too much, but I have to say that it has been an enjoyable adaptation so far.
½ June 9, 2011
Glad that it was only two parts -- some of it was quite interesting, but on the whole this vision of afterlife struck me as a not quite thought through mix of Matrix and Lindgren's Brothers Lionheart (Brueder Loewenherz) -- one of my all time favorite children books. The dialogue was mostly painful, and the blue men did not make any music.
½ May 30, 2011
Why even bother trying to adapt the sprawling Riverworld saga if you're going to do it on the cheap? Not to mention bringing in blue-painted aliens that just lower the tone. Even the Fabulous Riverboat looked run-down and dirty. The actors were barely trying.
April 30, 2011
WTH?? 3 hours of my life I will never get back! Booo and Hissss!
½ February 27, 2011
This may, in fact, be the worst adaptation of anything I've ever seen. If you put aside the source material
January 29, 2011
Another decent effort, but it'll require a big budget to really do this story justice.
January 1, 2011
Pas mal, on passe un bon moment devant ce telefilm.
November 6, 2010
A really strange movie at first i thought this movie is a dramatic love story far from it its a sci-fiction meets western kinda time piece that is a war that these strange blue people have a ongoing war going on and they use people from different times in history to fight this ongoing war. Do i recommend this movie not really it has no really purpose or direction. Rather watch twilight or harry potter :P
October 9, 2010
Some of the worst acting I've ever seen. What's Alan Cumming doing in this? Probably had nothing better to do that day...
½ September 16, 2010
This blew. It was pretty much the same story as the riverworld from 2003, but much much shittier.
September 4, 2010
Can anybody tell me what's the point of this movie? Is it that there's no point, somehow? Maybe life indeed is an illusion, nut Stuart Gillard is no Calderon, that's for sure...
½ August 19, 2010
The Matrix meets LOST.
August 15, 2010
Ñ?илÑ?м Ñ?лиÑ?ком заÑ?Ñ?нÑ?Ñ?...
August 3, 2010
It's sad, really. That someone could fuck this up so well.
½ July 27, 2010
I guess the concept sounded interesting and I do normally like Alan Cumming, cuz he's normally the comic relief however, this mini series, or movie whatever you wanna call it just seemed endless. And the way it ended didn't help with that.