Road to Bali - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Road to Bali Reviews

November 17, 2016
6th of 7 Road films and the only one in color finds the gang at it once again. The jokes are getting tired and dated but are still fun.
½ October 23, 2016
Fast-moving "Road" film, the only one filmed in color.
½ January 1, 2015
Enjoyable and entertaining classic movie with an all-star cast
½ December 26, 2014
It has it's funny moments.
February 22, 2014
Fun with Hope & Crosby--Bob, Bing and Dottie in Technicolor!!
½ January 27, 2014
Perhaps is more famous for one of the more well-known Road To.. names than actually being a classic.
December 23, 2013
Bing Crosby and Bob Hope are awesome, and it's a well put together movie
½ December 13, 2013
The "Road" movies with Bing & Bob are silly and enjoyable. I enjoyed this one more than many of the previous installments.
November 1, 2013
Another delightful comedy starring one of the most popular duos, Crosby and Hope, as two vaudevillans who end up working for the Prince of Bali in finding a hidden treasure and falling for the princess Lalah. A rollercoaster ride with barrels of laughs the kind that characterises the style of Hope and Crosby, who share wonderful chemistry and in the end even get married!
citawijaya
May 18, 2013
As Indonesian, to be honest, I'm so offended with the horrible and the far from close to correct portrayal of Balinese in the movie, but then I know it's the old Hollywood and old Hollywood was very racist, xenophobic and stuff so yeah, man, but I'm still pissed.
January 8, 2013
The first and only "Road" picture in color emphasizes the exotic South-Sea location, which increases the humorousness of Hope and Crosby's famed international havoc. While it does not slam-dunk in the comic-absurdity department as "Road to Morocco," and while the actors' aging definitely shows, this is still a funny little film with enough good songs, pretty girls, and slack-stick humor to satisfy followers of the "Road" series.
½ January 7, 2013
Hoo-boy! The boys are on their last legs in this effort to kick the mule to get another mile out of it, only the poor animal is just about dead. Game and spirited kicking almost give the illusion that animal is moving ... but its not. The only reason to take this trip (as Paramount well understood) was the charisma of its leads, but there's really nothing here for you.
December 25, 2012
This was okay, for a 50s flick, but the comedy was a little bit off and not as funny as most Bob Hope movies I've seen. Cool sets and makes me want to go to the tropics or something though.
December 1, 2012
The only Technicolor road film is funny and charming it that odd Hope and Crosby way. It's a very dated style of comedy, but if it's your sort of thing t's pretty entertaining.
November 25, 2012
the only technicolor 'road' pic and 6th in the series
½ April 21, 2012
Bob and Bing...having fun
½ February 2, 2012
Same can be said about this as Road To Morocco (only other Road To movie I've seen.) It's a fun and light feel-good movie with a handful of brilliantly funny jokes and with the rest being cheesy/corny humor from Bing and Bob (which isn't that bad, just a bit off-putting. But it still puts a smile on your face)
½ August 7, 2011
this was a light-hearted and easy movie to watch. I found it very refreshing to watch a comedy that makes you laugh without relying on heavy doses of profanity or inferences to various forms of intoxication and the consequences of such. Bob Hope and Bing Crosby had a solid chemistry between them and the references to other movies while lost on an island were well done. I have not seen any of the other "Road to" movies so I can not comment on how well it compares to the others. But, if you are looking for an easy movie to watch and relax to then check for this one on Netflix and have a nice evening with it.
August 2, 2011
Perhaps getting a bit long in the tooth and the jokes getting older but still very enjoyable.
July 15, 2011