Road to Bali - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Road to Bali Reviews

½ January 27, 2011
I guess I'm just a sucker for the Hope-Crosby relationship
½ November 28, 2010
Funny, witty piece of fluff that kept me laughing non-stop. Great film and this deserves more respect that given.
November 7, 2010
This should have been the last "Road" movie, it's a lot better than road to hong kong. I really liked this movie it's very funny and the story is good.
October 3, 2010
at this point in the franchise, the only real enjoyment factor is watching Bing and Bob exchange zingy one-liners. the problem there is, even they seem a bit tired of it. sharp in-jokes, amusing cameos, some cool moments of special effects and slapstick, but overall a pretty lame and uninspired movie. funny absolutely, but the story's the same old shtick.
October 3, 2010
½ September 28, 2010
Not one of the best road shows, still the duo Hope Crosby team mow down one liners rapid fire. Lame cinema entertainment by today's standards, the team of Hope and Crosby set us up for comedy team Martin and Lewis later on.

This film is built on quick sand, but still, Hope and Crosby ARE the movie, not the plot, which is of course ridiculous in the extreme.

The road shows for me were in a class to themselves, not ever intending to be serious cinema. Much like Stooge mania today, who rates the Stooges as anything but classic fun?

And nostalgic fun Road to Bali is. Full of all the slapstick, pratfalls, and one liners known at the time, this Road To Bali is worth watching once, if nothing else for the stars. Its so corny it hurts, but in a sentimental way.

Any of the Road series are about pretty much the same. They will open up to you a whole other lifestyle and era than the one we know today. Again, not to be taken as serious cinema, just guilty pleasure.
August 17, 2010
so, i haven't seen all of the "Road To" movies, but of the ones that I have seen, this one is undeniably my favorite. the jokes are better then ever and the quick wordplay between Hope and Crosby is at its strongest here. there are so many memorable scenes in"The Road to Bali" that i'm not sure which is my favorite. as for the movie being in color, it was kind of interesting. i did notice that they incorporated some techniques used in black and white movies, though (the shiny ring, in particular). i guess i'm just biased and prefer the old black and whites. anyways, great movie. very funny.
May 12, 2010
I like Crosby and Hope together and even though they are all teh same thing this one is one of the better ones
April 1, 2010
The Kraken turns to STONE.
March 6, 2010
Very hokey, and it doesn't pick up until an hour in. The songs and dancing are mediocre, but when it makes fun of itself ("She's gonna sing, folks. Now is the time to go out and get the popcorn."), it's hilarious.
January 31, 2010
possibly the funniest movie ever!
January 15, 2010
Filled with great one-liners and comedy that doesn't take itself seriously at all. If you're in the right mood, this film is a blast!
November 24, 2009
Hmm, not my type but 60% critics liked it is interesting... and Jerry Lewis. Got me curious.
November 22, 2009
Bob Hope is hilarious.
½ September 11, 2009
Some funny moments between Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. But for the most part the crappy sets and the song and dance numbers ruin the momentum. Not for me.
September 2, 2009
It was on TV so I watched it. It was the usual silliness of the movies my grandma has shown me, but I quite enjoyed it. And the graphics they attempted with the dancing women and the title at the end were really good considering when it was made. And for these kinds of movies, Bing Crosby and Bob Hope are great!
August 18, 2009
Another classic from Hope, Crsoby and Lamour. Seen some of these classics when I was a kid.
½ May 3, 2009
Silly fun. Vaudeville lives... or tries to hang on. It does get outrageous towards the middle/end... but it's light, frothy fare to be sure.
April 29, 2009
The Road movies don't age particularly well despite genuine chemistry between Hope and Crosby including some good banter here and there. The real reason I am intrigued by them and rate them higher then I might otherwise is the relentless self-awareness of the films and direct addresses to the audience. The films live and die on how well they wink and nod to the audience through jokes about their own plot conventions and the conventions (both artistic and as an industry) of Hollywood in general. The way the films play with their own artifice might not fully redeem the movies but they make them at least worth the occasional peak.