Reviews

• Feb 25, 2016

Taxi guy is best part.

Taxi guy is best part.

• Feb 08, 2016

I do not understand why this movie has high ratings everywhere. It's terrible almost all of the way through. The only redeeming moments of the film, are the last ten minutes.

• Apr 01, 2011

Again, these movies start and you think, WTF and then you just get blown away! This movie is fantastic! Weird, wonderful and totally Canadian. Ramona was relatable, the other characters were both fun and fascinating and Don McKellar. This is the start of my love affair with Don McKellar. He played Russell the serial killer and he played it perfectly. That dry, perfectly pronounced way of speaking, I loved it! I love him! This movie is just a lot of fun and great to watch, even if it is weird!

• ZACHO D Super Reviewer
    Aug 06, 2010

A great debut from Bruce MacDonald!

A great debut from Bruce MacDonald!

• Jan 08, 2010

I LOVE this movie!!! Whatever happened to Valerie Buhagiar? She was so great!

I LOVE this movie!!! Whatever happened to Valerie Buhagiar? She was so great!

• Aug 23, 2009

The first movie to introduce me to "indy" cinema. I think I still remember all the dialogue.

• Jul 05, 2009

Bruce McDonald,Valerie Buhagiar and Don McKellar make beautiful music in this classic cult film.Awesome soundtrack!

• May 13, 2009

brilliant,tense,scary!!!

brilliant,tense,scary!!!

• Jan 11, 2009

If you plot a graph of Bruce McDonald's career, it would be practically exponential, with each film (apparently with the exception of Picture Claire) completely burying its predecessor. Not that this is an awful film, it's got good intentions, but the good ideas are completely obscured by the more amateurish elements, especially during the appallingly ill-advised climax which takes a pretty clever way to wrap up the film and then throws it right out the window for reasons currently unclear. What's remarkable is how much better Highway 61 is, and how vastly better Hard Core Logo is than Highway 61. By all accounts, Bruce's follow-up to The Tracey Fragments should be on the level of Citizen Kane.

• Sep 17, 2008

Quirky little canadian film. Love the use of black and white and the great play with contrast. The fact that it's set partly in Sudbury makes me laugh too! Great characters..especially Russel who wants to be a serial killer! Great all around!