Roadracers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roadracers Reviews

½ May 27, 2015
In the 90s Showtime produced a series of TV movies under the umbrella title "Rebel Highway," in which new talent in front of and behind the camera made new movies inspired by and taking the titles of 50s B-movies. This was the first entry in that series, directed by Robert Rodriguez and starring David Arquette and Salma Hayak. Its a pretty solid film about a rebel taking on a rival and his cop dad, and trying to keep his girl and maybe make it as a musician. It isn't the best movie in the world, but when you look at it as an edgier homage to the B-movies about rebel teens made in the 50s, this is a fine tribute to those pictures.
March 20, 2015
Suffers from the one thing an action/thriller should never be....dull.
January 16, 2015
Almost unwatchable. I love the filmmaker as much as I do any, and can barely stomach this one.
½ October 16, 2014
though through its cynicism it clearly shows why movies like American Grafitti are bad, and a strong supporting scene stealing performance from Jahn Hawkes, the film is predictable and pointless.
September 17, 2014
C+ = Slightly Above Average
May 19, 2014
A Robert Rodriguez film that slipped under the radar. If you liked Death Proof, you will probably like this one too. Same kind of old school film with some cheesy gimmicks that make it its own. This movie deserves less than what I rated it but for me I can't help thinking.... Cool
May 13, 2014
This movie has such a wonderful Rodriguez charm to it. I don't think i have ever seen a movie as well paced as this one. If you miss the bad-ass persona portrayed in movies by actors like James Dean and Paul Newman you definitely want to check this out.
May 13, 2014
Robert Rodriguez follows up El mariachi with this homage to 50's rebel flicks.
½ May 13, 2014
[font=Garamond][size=4]Started reading Alan Moore's Watchmen last night...very bloody cool. Also watched a ridiculous movie called Roadracers (thankyou, crappy late-nite telly) but I fell asleep before the end. Somehow, watching David Arquette pile handful after handful of grease into his hair doesn't appeal to me.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=4]Nothing came in the mail yesterday. How disappointing. I'm expecting rather a lot of things. Spike Milligan book, nice dress, some more comics...the list goes on.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=4]I got to go to the island on Animal Crossing today. It was a bit crap, but I enjoyed hearing the little sea turtle captain singing about "cukes and beets" making his tummy sore.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=4]I suppose I should go do some dishes or something...ugh. I need a new dish-brush.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=4]Can't find my PC interface cable for my camcorder, dammit. I've gone to camera shops and have had no success getting a replacement - probably because my camera's more than just a couple of months old. Hence, OBSOLETE. Bleah. Damn technology, developing too fast for me to keep up on my pathetic income.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=4]Anyway. I'm going to procrastinate some more, then maybe do some housework, oh joy of joys.[/size][/font]
May 13, 2014
A fun, rockin', cool movie. David Arquette is great in it. Highly recommend it.
May 13, 2014
One of Rodriguez's least known. It's not his worst and is quite enjoyable.
½ May 13, 2014
Loads of fun. I love getting to watch early RR.
May 13, 2014
Robert Rodriguez. enough said.
½ June 2, 2012
What the film lacks in plot it makes up for in infectious style. This is alot of fun to watch.
May 29, 2012
A greaser picture from the wonderfully eccentric mind of Robert Rodriguez, "Roadracers" is an entertaining and wonderfully unique work from the talented Director. I'm a huge fan of Rodriguez and his gift to make great films despite early budgetary limits are nearly unmatched in the industry. This early work from him takes place in the 50s and feature David Arquette for his sleaze factor, so says Rodriguez. It's entertaining, briskly paced and over the top in places all with Robert Rodriguez's unique look and feel to it. If you are a fan then be sure to check out this early work of his, you won't be disappointed.
May 10, 2012
watching it right now with my boo after so long it was finally on dvd
January 5, 2012
festering piece of crap.
April 14, 2011
Rodriguez second film, and a great tale with lots of rock and roll and good performances by Arqette and Hayek, if you find it, see it.