Roald Dahl's Esio Trot Reviews

• Apr 09, 2017

5.8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2SM

5.8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2SM

• Mar 17, 2017

Very Lovely movie , bit fun , bit romance ....and 101 Turtles .

Very Lovely movie , bit fun , bit romance ....and 101 Turtles .

• Jun 03, 2016

Based on an personally unfamiliar Roald Dahl novel and as expected it has a fantastic story. Mr Hoppy is a retired bachelor and madly in love with the just as old Mrs Silver. He is way too shy to just tell her and when he tries it all fall apart. Mrs Silver get's a turtle, Alfie, and she wants it to grow bigger. Good luck then, that Mr Hoppy knows an Afrikan poem that she can tell little Alfie three times a day to make him grow a whole lot. This little trick from Mr Hoppy is charming, but is it rewarding him anything? Superb acted out by Dustin Hoffman and Judi Dench as the two leads. Well told by a narrator that's also taking part of the film. Neat camerawork and solid, sweet humor for all ages. This film impressed me big time - weird that it's so off the radar. One of the sweeter films I've seen I believe. 7.5 out of 10 turtles.

• May 08, 2016

It was a lovely movie about elderly romance that I've never heard about before. Performances were sublime and the story was cute. It was also an amazing atmosphere. Quite enjoyed it.

• Aug 11, 2015

Lovely, good hearted film

Lovely, good hearted film

• Aug 03, 2015

Love Judi Dench !The film was charming from go to whoa.

Love Judi Dench !The film was charming from go to whoa.

• Jul 11, 2015

Gorgeous little film about an attempt to win a girls heart with lots of effort and reptiles

• Jul 04, 2015

Loved this version as it summed up answers to questions I had when I read the book. Couldn't have asked two better actors to have played the main characters. Dustin Hoffman was loveable as Mr Hoppy and Dame Judi Dench brought out Mrs Silver brilliantly. A wonderful story told with a unique point of view that left me thinking what a wonderful change to the usual misery that comes on TV at Christmas (I won't mention THAT episode in Downton).

• Jun 07, 2015

I'd read the short story on which this movie is adapted from to my children years ago, and was curious as to how they could turn such a short, simple tale into a full length movie. To tell the truth, I had limited expectations. But I was pleasantly surprised overall, with both the acting and the story carrying the original story and building on it convincingly.