Robinson in Ruins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robinson in Ruins Reviews

July 17, 2013
watching robinson in ruins, my god, get someone else to narrator this. lady is a bore. it's like watching a 80s documentary in elementary school .....
July 24, 2011
The Robinson films are not like anything else. They are heavy academic essays dressed up, rather knowingly, as very slight, slightly comical fictions about a wandering, unseen thinker who considers what meanings might be discovered in the landscape. If you are prepared to endure the sedate story-teller voice over device and the locked-off shots of seemingly mundane aspects of seemingly mundane urban and exurban scenes, you might experience the mind-expanding moments that fans of Robinson gain from these films.
December 15, 2010
Another visual essay, appending the life of Robinson from the previous films. Space is given to the viewer to consider the landscapes, the history and the politics that surround us, while nature and its custodians do what they've always done. A Marmite of a movie. Every image and every sentence loaded with meaning and counter-meaning.
October 21, 2010
Great to see this addition to the Robinson series of films. It's not as good as the previous two though - I can see why they chose Redgrave to replace Schofield but I think McKellan or similar would have been a better choice.