Robocop 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robocop 2 Reviews

½ April 6, 2016
3.5/5 Thought not as tight of a narrative as the first film, Robocop 2 has a lot of fun moments and insane violence. It's not great, but it's worth a watch.
April 1, 2016
Adoro essa continuação!
March 31, 2016
It's not as great as the first film, but still serves as a guilty pleasure sequel. B
March 25, 2016
Pretty much the best thing that has ever been created after the original masterpiece.
February 27, 2016
An inferior sequel, but still worth watching if there's nothing better to do.
February 11, 2016
Robots with emotional problems.

A syndicate is trying to create a better Robocop and messes with the original Robocop's mainframe. As Robocop starts to mess up some cases, it is easier for the syndicate to make a case for a Robocop 2.0. The Detroit police department will need to determine what's better for the city, Robocop or Robocop 2.0.

"It's only money."

Irvin Kershner, director of Never Say Never Again, Face in the Rain, Up the Sandbox, Loving, The Hoodlum Priest, The Young Captives, and Stakeout on Dope Street, delivers Robocop 2. The storyline for this picture is disappointing and a huge step back from Robocop. The action is still pretty good but the special effects were not as clever as the first film. The acting is very average and the cast includes Peter Weller, John Glover, John Ingle, Tom Noonan, Belinda Bauer, and Leeza Gibbons.

"I'd never fuck with you."

I came across this trilogy on HBOGO and decided to watch them again for the first time in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised by the first film when I watched it again. It was better than I remembered. This one was awful and a big drop off in quality from Robocop. Overall, this is only worth watching for Robocop or science fiction diehards.

"People want paradise. They will have it."

Grade: C-
January 26, 2016
RoboCop 2 isn't the best movie, but it's alright, not Irvin Kershner's best film.
December 13, 2015
Watching this right after watching the first one made this film a bit of a disappointment. The story was very similar to the first movie and it lacked any really memorable scenes. 3/5
½ November 28, 2015
Robocop 2 is still fine action-satire but now it's even more brutal and silly. Done in almost excellent urban comics style. Worth re-watching, a lot hidden things.
Steve Grady
November 2, 2015
RoboCop 2 starts off to be a somewhat good action movie, then...
there are a lot of scenes that are just bad. For Example bad C.G.I, even for 1990, a few plot holes, scenes that make no sense and some bad acting.
Nevertheless the action scenes are good. If you are a person like me, who like the first RoboCop movie then I don't recommend seeing the sequel. But if you enjoy 1990's action films then you might enjoy this movie. I will rate this movie a 4 out of 10.
October 24, 2015
A new drug has surfaced in the crime-laden city of Detroit, causing crime to reach preposterous proportions so the laboratory inventors of Robocop (1) go back to their drawing boards and come up with a super version, Robocop 2--more powerful than its predecessor and therefore more capable of handling the problems afoot. Unfortunately something goes wrong with the new Robocop and it goes nuts. The original Robocop (Peter Weller) has to battle not only the evils of the street, it must defeat its new demented "brother."
October 16, 2015
Overly violent sequel which entertains to a certain degree. A new powerful drug is sweeping Detroit......Robocop likes nothing more than wiping the scum of the earth, off the earth.
October 12, 2015
A criminally underrated sequel.
September 27, 2015
Even better than RoboCop. Very prophetic tale of a hostile takeover of Detroit by levereraging an indebtedness scheme with crime & corruption & getting everybody addicted to utterly lucrative "Nuke" in the process.
September 19, 2015
From the director of The Empire Strikes Back
August 30, 2015
Another film that reminds me of my childhood days when I was sneakily watching it when under the legal limit. It's a wonderful action film that builds upon the original, and reminds me of a hardcore bond episode. Littered with guns, drugs, and an arsenal of weaponry, we witness the police force attempt to take down a prolific narcotics baron - it's a teenage boys dream that allows him to stop playing with action men, and start watching some seriously crazed old school version of transformers. It's a typical good versus bad concept, and regardless of the fact that we know who will win, it's the journey that counts, and this is fuelled with entertainment. It's a serious case of the villains outshining the goodies and a real shame that the former have to lose, but c'est la vie. I really wish some films would learn a thing or two from the success of the Star Wars series, and allow a couple of the instalments to let the baddies win for a change. Predictability is not always a good thing, and it's always the dull heroes that survive through to the sequels. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the villains get their cumuppence, but all in good time. It's one of those flicks that you can just turn on and be engulfed no matter what stage it's at. Can't see me ever getting bored of this as its part of my younger years and a memory that will always have a place in my heart.
½ July 20, 2015
Robocop 2 feels like the anthology of a comic book series (via Frank Miller's screenplay) that will be unsettling for filmgoers but entertaining for those who've ever wanted to see a film that lives and breathes like a comic book. It's also a pretty great sequel.
July 12, 2015
it's just as badass as the first one, and it still has the humor we loved from the first robocop, although it was more silly in this one but that's okay ;-)
½ June 6, 2015
An extreme let down! This movie I almost didn't see the original until my friend recommended it to me the following year. Then they made a sequel to this then two TV series and then a remake they should have never even touched the original.
½ April 24, 2015
While most sci-fi action sequels surpass the original, this one failed to do so with bad acting and characters, a villain that is laughable and lame and did I mention an 11 year old boy is one of the henchmen. Totally tasteless and lacks formula in every area of filmmaking.