Robocop 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robocop 2 Reviews

August 30, 2015
Another film that reminds me of my childhood days when I was sneakily watching it when under the legal limit. It's a wonderful action film that builds upon the original, and reminds me of a hardcore bond episode. Littered with guns, drugs, and an arsenal of weaponry, we witness the police force attempt to take down a prolific narcotics baron - it's a teenage boys dream that allows him to stop playing with action men, and start watching some seriously crazed old school version of transformers. It's a typical good versus bad concept, and regardless of the fact that we know who will win, it's the journey that counts, and this is fuelled with entertainment. It's a serious case of the villains outshining the goodies and a real shame that the former have to lose, but c'est la vie. I really wish some films would learn a thing or two from the success of the Star Wars series, and allow a couple of the instalments to let the baddies win for a change. Predictability is not always a good thing, and it's always the dull heroes that survive through to the sequels. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the villains get their cumuppence, but all in good time. It's one of those flicks that you can just turn on and be engulfed no matter what stage it's at. Can't see me ever getting bored of this as its part of my younger years and a memory that will always have a place in my heart.
½ July 20, 2015
Robocop 2 feels like the anthology of a comic book series (via Frank Miller's screenplay) that will be unsettling for filmgoers but entertaining for those who've ever wanted to see a film that lives and breathes like a comic book. It's also a pretty great sequel.
July 12, 2015
it's just as badass as the first one, and it still has the humor we loved from the first robocop, although it was more silly in this one but that's okay ;-)
½ June 6, 2015
An extreme let down! This movie I almost didn't see the original until my friend recommended it to me the following year. Then they made a sequel to this then two TV series and then a remake they should have never even touched the original.
½ April 24, 2015
While most sci-fi action sequels surpass the original, this one failed to do so with bad acting and characters, a villain that is laughable and lame and did I mention an 11 year old boy is one of the henchmen. Totally tasteless and lacks formula in every area of filmmaking.
April 19, 2015
Whose idea was it to make the antagonist a spoiled, annoying brat? This movie had some good ideas but feels more like bad fan fiction than a legit story.
½ March 31, 2015
Faults and all not a horrible mindless popcorn flick.
March 13, 2015
Vacuous. Empty. Worthless.
½ March 9, 2015
No, it's not as good as the original, and in many ways it feels a little unnecessary, but Irvin Kershner understood the original and has plastered his own style across this thoughtful sequel.
March 9, 2015
I grew up watching this movie. This is my favorite movie of all time. I've literally watched this movie at least 10,000 times.
February 28, 2015
While it's not as memorable as it's predecessor, RoboCop 2 is still a pretty fun sci-fi action flick. It's worth a watch for that last scene.
February 13, 2015
The director of The Empire Strikes Back takes on another sci-fi sequel. Murph is back and he is stalking his wife. They tell him not to do that, and that he is a machine. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" A crazy lady puts a criminal's brain in a next-gen Robocop, it's up to the original to put a stop to a rampage. The obsolete model battles the new model and wins. Terminator 2 did it better. This is good for laughs though. Those terrible effects! Stop-motion nostalgia. The last line is unbelievable.
February 11, 2015
Lame sequel to a lame action flick about a new drug that hits the streets of Detroit and only Robocop can stop it.
½ January 31, 2015
As a standalone sci-fi action film, it's really not as bad, but it fails to live up to its classic predecessor in every possible way. By the time RoboCop first appears, it's as though the writers completely reset RoboCop's personality, as though none of the events of the first RoboCop film even happened. The characters are nothing special, and neither is the film's under-aged villain, who sounds like a cheesy attempt to either shock audiences or trigger a sentimental reaction, both of which are equally implausible because the film doesn't have the right atmosphere. The story itself is quite thin and eerily devoid of the social commentary that made the original RoboCop a classic in the first place. While the story and characters are shallow, this film does have a few redeeming qualities. The film does make up for some of its flaws with some decent action scenes, but in this film they seem to only gloss over the shallow plot. Perhaps the best moment in the film is when they reprogram RoboCop and turn him into a jabbering, slogan-shouting buffoon. As funny as it is, it's also a strangely effective metaphor for what would become of all future RoboCop films (and that includes last year's terrible RoboCop remake). My point is that, by the time this film was made, RoboCop had become nothing more than a brand name, and future RoboCop films would continue to disgrace the classic film that came before it.
January 29, 2015
A somewhat worthy sequel to a cinamatic masterpiece. A more mean spirited and even darker film than even the original, yet retains non of the irony or satire. It's more of a parody of the previous film with almost the exact same plot. 6 out'ta 10
January 28, 2015
The plot is so weak that it is often hard to guess what will happen next. Uneven and hard to follow. What should be a fun follow up to the original quickly disintegrates into a caricature of itself. While it tries to grapple with the issues of the day: money, corruption, technology, drugs and crime; it fails to make anything more than a superficial commentary. Money, bad. Crime, bad. Movie, bad.
January 27, 2015
not as good as the first but still very good
January 20, 2015
Surprised I enjoyed this. It was actually more like a good old robocop romp without any deeper meaning or something like that. Action was pretty good. Don't know why so many people don't like this one.
½ December 25, 2014
Where to start with what's wrong with this picture. Firstly they changed Robocop from a realistic looking chrome to a plastic blue suit. They also made his voice sound weird. The villain isn't interesting or entertaining in anyway. They put an annoying twelve year in it as a bad guy. Basically the list of flaws is endless.

The original picture in my opinion is still untouchable. With good effects, casting and story, none of these qualities are present in the sequels.

It's a shame because it could have been a lot better but it completely missed the mark.