Robot Chicken: Star Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robot Chicken: Star Wars Reviews

April 14, 2012
Star Wars fans will be pleasantly surprised with how witty this "Robot Chicken" parody is.
½ March 31, 2012
Funny, but not that funny.
February 29, 2012
Lincoln. Versus. W. With lightsabers.
Directors Cat
½ February 25, 2012
This is a fantastic parody of the Star Wars films. Possibly the best. Robot Chicken is very fast paced but is witty at the same time. There is never a boring moment in this funny film for fanboys. The animation is amazing and overall its better than the Family Guy parodies.
February 24, 2012
By far the best Star Wars parody to date. It's hilarious!
January 26, 2012
"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"
- Emperor Palpatine

Not long ago in a galaxy not far away comes 'Robot Chicken: Star Wars', which brazenly combines the satirical sensibilities of Seth Green and Matthew Senreich's stop-motion animated characters with the memorable moments and favorite characters of the Star Wars universe - including, its creator, George Lucas. Whether it's Jar Jar meeting Darth Vader or the battle of "Yo Momma" jokes, such funny humor is everywhere and I like it so much. This 'Robot Chicken' special is the must-have for 'Star Wars' fans. Featuring the voices of Abraham Benrubi, Adam Talbot, and Ahmed Best.
January 24, 2012
Very funny Star Wars parody.
December 28, 2011
Does this even count as a movie?
October 25, 2011
This special is very funny, which is much more than I can say about those Family Guy spoofs.
September 17, 2011
Did not really laugh...
and i usually like robot chicken. But its okay watch if your a huge star wars fan
September 15, 2011
Really funny and worth a watch

RENT
September 12, 2011
I've never seen Robot Chicken, but it seems like a fast paced sketch comedy. They certainly go for quantity over quality, which probably works in its favor. The jokes are short and sweet, as is this this Star Wars special. I really liked action figure animation, which easily recreated the Star Wars world. There are some fantastic moments here, such as Jarjar and Vader meeting up, the Imperial officers pretending to die, and a janitor that always works on the bottom floor. Quick chuckles rather than belly laughs, it works due to its love of Star Wars, meaning the fun it pokes is always spot on but never cruel. A nice little watch.
September 5, 2011
wll just like with the family guy/star wars parody you're getting two good things mashed together so its nearly impossible to mess it up. You get the good ol robot chicken humor with the characters from star wars so its definatly entertaining but could still have been funnier. It was still funny enough to keep me entertained and i really liked the special features which showed you how immature the people making this show are.
Glides
July 3, 2011
I'm a fan of Star Wars, but no fanboy. That's why this entertains me so much, because unlike other Star Wars parodies (especially the crappy Family Guy one), everything that happens here fits, to an extent, within the story that already happened.

Like I already said, not being a Star Wars fanboy but a casual fan, they would have to go to extremes to actually piss me off. For example, I like the slightly racist character Jar Jar Binks, who is hated by many Star Wars fanboys (and I'm friends with a few of them), and he's portrayed positively in this, with the original actor playing as him and everything. Adding the Robot Chicken action figure claymation to the Star Wars characters makes them slightly larger than life, and at the same time turns them from the stereotypes they invented (which is why as 2-dimensional as they can get, no one complains about Star Wars characters not being complex enough) into human beings, who occasionally screw up. Boba Fett is revealed to be a closet homosexual, which could have been offensive, yet it's actually pretty funny considering how far it could have gone. Darth Vader isn't all that bad after all, and the Emperor, that evil twisted old man who shoots lightning out of his hands, turns out to be a pretty normal guy with some anger issues. He talks casually with friends, gets mad at Vader and then has to calm him down, and in a humorous twist on how he died in the films, gets killed by losing a "Yo Mama" fight with Luke Skywalker, which is by far the funniest part of the series.

Even Star Wars creator George Lucas plays a part, getting chased down by a frenzied group of nerds and screaming "OH DEAR GOD" the whole time.

The whole thing is hilarious, even with almost no knowledge of the characters. Since most people like Star Wars, you'll like this for sure, and you'll be laughing your ass off the whole time.
½ July 2, 2011
I love all of these one liners and 5 second shorts. They make my day.
michael e.
June 20, 2011
Robot Chicken is one of the most funny and creative shows ive ever watched and this star wars parody episode is a testament to it
½ June 17, 2011
All it was,was a collection of Star Wars related clips from the show. If you are expecting something like Family Guy's blue Harvest,then you will be a little disappointed...but If you enjoy Robot Chicken and are curious as to what all the Star Wars clips are...then give this a watch. Kinda short at 23 minutes,but worth it at least.
March 27, 2011
i thought it was very funny but it is only funny if you have seen star wars
March 8, 2011
I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. During the height of my Star Wars phase, I could have told you everything about the most obscure characters. So of course, I immediately gravitated to the hilariousness of this, even though I never watch the actual show.
February 28, 2011
A very funny spoof ive always been a big fan of the TV show and this was just as good it made me laugh and wasn't really stupid like most spoofs are Comedy A+ Story C+