Robot Jox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robot Jox Reviews

July 25, 2013
I don't how I can finish this, it is damn awful. But in 1989, it was a breakthrough I guess. Just not now.
July 11, 2013
Classic for its time, and duplicated in one way or another by many robot films that have crash and burned much worse.
½ July 6, 2013
I'm truly excited about watching Pacific Rim?. But I have to admit this film was a ground breaking achievement even if it didn't make money at the box office. It was ahead of it's time and was the closest I could get to a live action giant robot vs robot movie during the time. It was also the time when I got exposed to BattleTech and the Transformers TV series. So it was awesome to see something like this during the time. Definitely brings back good childhood memories!
½ July 2, 2013
Otippat bra postapokalyptisk B-scifi. Stora robotar brottas i öknen, och i kulisserna frodas lögner, avundsjuka, svek och dubbelspel. All cred till skådisarna och filmmakarna som verkligen försökte.
June 20, 2013
I want to watch Robot Jox.
½ April 2, 2013
There's nothing irrideemably wrong with this movie, well, nothing except the pacing. The combat in particular is so terrifyingly slow that it would almost literally be faster to fight a conventional war than to use these robot fights to determine the outcome instead. I suppose it's meant to give an impression of how big these things are, but really, it's slow. It's practically worse than most 1920's and 30's movies, which have the excuse of being 1920's and 30's movies. No, I would not recommend this movie, to pretty much anyone.
February 21, 2013
While this movie could have at least been cheesy and bad, all is was was boring. The movie has almost no action. Most of it is just boring plot. It might be possible to get a few laughs out of it, but for the most part, you can skip this one.
½ February 21, 2013
settle your beefs with 10-ton machines?! AWESOME!!
December 22, 2012
This is one of the most underrated unappreciated sci-fy movies of all time. The plot is great, the special effects are great considering the time it was made and the budget the movie had, the acting is.. eh, but what do you expect from a semi-cheesy 80s sci-fy movie. A must watch for any sci-fy fan.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
½ November 26, 2012
This is a terrible movie. But I was 9, and it had boobies.
½ October 10, 2012
Lets go down the list,
Terrible acting - check
Convoluted plot - check
Really bad effects - check
Giant robots beating the crap out of each other - check
Fat villain in a cowboy hat - check
Lame ending - double check
Yep, it is my kind of movie.
½ August 7, 2012
I grew up LOVING this movie. I also grew up LOVING "Fortress" and didn't know until JUST NOW that they had the same director! Go figure right? They're on about the same level. They rule, they're cheesy, and they just don't make them like this anymore.
August 4, 2012
Barely bad enough to be funny. Half decent stop motion robot fight right at the end though.
½ July 30, 2012
Better than Michael Bay Transformers! I think that ladies' trank gun was a Krylon sprayed glue gun.
July 23, 2012
Robot Jox will remain a frontier of its time for mecha wars. If we take a look at it now, it's just silly however Robot Jox gave way for this fiction of robots battling for humanity.
July 5, 2012
This was really good...some incredible effects shots in it....some of the miniature shots were amazing.
½ June 20, 2012
Giant robots smashing each other in a war of man and machine, vs. man and machine!! It reminded me of "G-Gundam" a little bit.
½ June 17, 2012
I liked this movie. It's really only for those who like seeing robots on a gigantic scale duking it out a la Mechwarrior style.
May 14, 2012
So bad it's great. The main selling point are the robots and for the budget they did some amazing miniature and stop-frame work. The satirical plot is pretty weak in delivery and concept but that just adds to the charm, very little makes real world sense but then robots fighting needs no such excuse.

Bad movie fans have long loved it for its lofty aims and nonsensical action and is a fun viewing with friends.