Reviews

• Jan 24, 2021

OMG!!! This is the greatest movie I have ever seen! I rate this 10000 out of 10. This movie has such good grafics. The actors were killing it they wete so good! Anyone who is hating on this movie is just jelous that they were rejected to be a part of it.

• Byron B Super Reviewer
    Jun 02, 2017

The new MST3K Netflix original has been released and I decided to expose myself to some of the old episodes available for streaming on Hulu and Netflix (there is a different random selection on each platform). Whether it is Joel or Mike watching these awful movies with the bots I do not envy the torture they are put through. Their snarky comments add some entertainment value, but my ratings are based on the movie's quality itself and not the extra material broadcast from the satellite of love. Surprisingly prolific writer-director Tim Kincaid must have been inspired by Mad Max and Star Wars. Homage becomes a poor parody. On such an ultra-low budget the post-apocalyptic wasteland cannot be believed. Several of the no-name actors are also quite prolific in low-budget genre fluff, but of course no one is memorably good. Bad dubbing, clumsy fight choreography, and I think this is the film with sock puppet worms with razor sharp teeth attacking the strange bunch of heroes.

• Dec 12, 2015

When a movie canâ??t even pretend to be trying to approximate something resembling dramatic tension, weâ??ve got ourselves a problem. I appreciate the lower-than-low grade production values on display here as much as the next guy â?? cheap modelwork, guys in costumes as â??robots,â?? unconvincing matte-painting backdrops, the disused Brooklyn naval yard standing in for The Dark Oneâ??s control center/mine/everything, but when every single plot development from start to finish just makes the heroâ??s job easier, even the most committed viewer can find him or herself losing interest at some point.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    May 01, 2015

A rip off of Star Wars with sword and sorcery elements and a robot apocalypse (even with an alien rip off!). The dialogues were bad, I feel even worse for the actors who looked like they tried really hard not to laugh when reciting the dialogues.

• Feb 09, 2015

Viewed the MST3K version of this one, and I was pretty entertained, but I obviously can't speak to the entertainment value of the film without robot silhouettes making fun of it. Rental.

• Sep 16, 2014

This movie is terrible ... and I kind of love it. It steals from The Terminator and The Road Warrior and Star Wars and Conan and blends them into an ultra-cheap mish-mash of concentrated wonderful awfulness. Our hero ... one of the only men who can breath the poison air on the surface of the Earth ... leads a group that includes a cheap, shoddy comedy relief robot, a man-hating lesbian warrior chick and a few other folks (who can apparently breath the poison air, but nevermind) to the lair of the Dark One in order to free humanity, or something like that. They fight mutants and the dark One's robot warriors ... all in some park around the edges of New York City, clearly visible in every shot. The Dark One's main servant, Valaria is one of the most amazingly awful actresses and she's a pure joy to watch. This shoddy nonsense is a lot more fun than most big budget action fests.

• Jul 14, 2014

Man that avocado guy at the end was really weird.

Man that avocado guy at the end was really weird.

• Apr 25, 2013

I'm not exactly sure what it was that I expected from Robot Holocaust. I thought it had a very intriguing title, so I was expecting something at least a little more interesting than what it wound up being. I guess I was just fooling myself into believing it wasn't a complete pile of crap, but it pretty much is. That said, this movie is actually fascinating because of how bad it is. There are many moments while you're sitting there watching it when you think to yourself 'who made the decision to do that?' I thought that a lot during the movie, and I'm sure I'm not alone. The film does contain a gloriously awful performance from one of the lead actresses, whose name escapes me at the moment, but her performance is reminiscent of Adriana Miles' performance in Werewolf. Both movies were featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000, and that's the only way that one should see them. Otherwise, I'd say to just steer clear of both of them altogether.

• Jan 22, 2013

No, this movie isn't an ounce of good... But it is pretty amusing at 1:30 in the morning. Kept me amused, but I wish it had been worse.

• Sep 02, 2012

Memorable name and a great poster but the actual movie is so terribly bad and so unintentionally funny I almost puked on myself from laughing so hard. Not surprising it's not available on DVD.