Robot Stories - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robot Stories Reviews

October 10, 2015
Quatro histórias de robôs integrados ao dia a dia banal das pessoas. A primeira história é a mais impactante: uma mulher precisa aprender a cuidar de um robô bebę para receber um bebę de verdade se provar sua capacidade.
½ January 20, 2015
4 short films about the relationships between humans and robots. No end of the world stuff here. Charming at times. Has influences from the novel iRobot but still very much it's own thing. Largely an Asian cast which is cool to see. Nothing groundbreaking but does has its moments.
February 21, 2013
some clever ideas. low budget, but worth a look.
½ May 12, 2012
Not a bad little film, but that's about all that stands out.
March 4, 2012
I like stories about robots. That being said, that isn't a story about robots. It's four stories about robots. This makes it seem more like watching a marathon of a television show than a movie.

One story I liked "Machine Love", one story I didn't like "The Robot Fixer" and the other two were average.
½ February 8, 2012
4 different stories, 1 movie. I only liked 2 but the concepts of all are interesting and all of them are well acted.
October 30, 2011
Four short stories involving robots, sometimes only in the most broad way. The first story about a bad mother and her robot child felt like a bad episode of the new Outer Limits. The second, about a woman trying to come to terms with her son's coma, is interesting and well acted, but feels out of place. The third, about a new piece of office equipment is cute, even if it doesn't cover any new ground. And the final story about an artist who isn't sure he wants immortality is probably the best and most challenging of the stories, and helps raise the whole piece up a notch. Overall, it feels like science fiction written by someone who doesn't really like science fiction, which is odd, because Greg Pak has gone on to become a fairly well respected voice in comics, many featuring science fiction.
½ October 29, 2011
A collection of 4 short stories all revolving around robots (as the title implies). The stories have a kind of Twilight Zone feel to them but none are very good. My favorite was the third story, a tale of two robots who seek love. Definitely not the most original story but it was interesting.

Each story is about the length of a TV Show minus the commercials.

Acting: 6/10
Story: 6/10
Originalality: 7/10
Soundtrack: 4/10
Characters: 4/10
Overall Rating: 5.4/10
½ January 18, 2011
Robot Stories is an indie film that apparently had a budget of about five dollars. As the title indicates, there are four short stories, dealing with artificial intelligence in one form or another.

There is very little heavy lifting on display here; no deep sci-fi ala Philip K. Dick or even pondering the ethics of Robotic Code, or, except for the last tale, any pondering of morality or the soul, as one gets with Asimov. Belying the title, these series of stories are concerned more with simple human elements, and really, robotics, or AI have very little to do with it.

For example: the first story, entitled Robot Baby, deals with parenting more than anything. A young, successful career couple decides to have a child - only in this future scenario the couple must first tend and nurture a robot baby. There is a nice twist at the end of this story, which makes the viewing viable, but really, without the twist the story is very "been there, seen that".

The second story is so very "so what" that I'm not even going to give it a second thought, while the third has only a "cute" factor going for it, along with one of two decent performance in the film (oddly by the writer/director himself - hmmm, perhaps the entire project was merely a way for him to show off his robotic shtick).

The fourth story has a bit of gravitas to it, containing the other bright performance, in a tale dealing with questions of the soul and the definition of humanity. Here there is a bit of artistry in the filmmaking, but otherwise the stories are all very straight forward, and the direction and cinematography echo that.

Overall, nothing to write home about, or even truly recommend.
October 15, 2010
Fun, low-budget sci-fi vignettes. The stories vary in quality, with #2 and #4 being my favorites.
½ August 30, 2010
½ June 23, 2010
The stories could have been a little more developed,with some twist endings, but still, not bad.
January 8, 2009
Las Ăşltimas dos historias "Machine Love" y "Clay" valen mucho la pena
June 10, 2008
four steps of a robots life, different robots.
Robot baby - a small robot baby that has to be handled like a real baby, to prove they can take care of this in order to be able to adopt a real one.
Robot fixer - this one I didnt get that much, hes in a coma after a carwreck and I think he dreams of himself and his mother.
Machine Love - a new kind of interactive person "G9 iPerson" a working robot who is build to interact with his employees, but the real persons just think hes a freak and not someone you can talk to. This is the best of the stories in my oppinion.
Clay - the end of the tale, ends up kind of where it began, everyone shape their own life and their own possibilities.
May 17, 2008
I enjoyed every story in this movie. My favorite one is the last one, because it's cool that they could preserve your mind, your thoughts after your body was long gone. I liked the short "Mouse" too. Any of you that haven't seen this movie, definitely check it out, it was wonderfully done, and each story had a deep message behind it.
½ April 20, 2008
Four short stories about the future. Let you rethink how love is forever even in the context of an A.I. world.
March 30, 2008
The second one made me cry.
½ January 2, 2008
Ostensibly about artificial life forms, each of these four short, expertly crafted stories offers a poignant perspective on what it means to be human.