Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Reviews

½ June 5, 2015
Long over due ..The continuing saga of the Robotech defenders fight again alien invaders trying to control the Earth and Protoculture.
October 7, 2014
Great movie I love watching this film, I hope they make another!!!!
May 31, 2014
It's nice to see a continuation from the original series, but this film ultimately ends the same was as the series. It doesn't settle too many ties, it still ends mysteriously, and it gets fairly predictable. The animation is so-so, and the characters aren't the most interesting compared to the cartoon show. It ends up feeling like an extended episode, one of the more lackluster ones.
½ September 2, 2013
3D can never replace the beauty of the original hand-drawn mechs.
December 25, 2012
nice to see Robotech back! Like the tweaks too.
½ September 9, 2012
Cannon needed, but all around fine.
July 29, 2012
You would have to be familiar with the Robotech saga in order to understand where this chapter takes place. Still, curiously lacking the charm and depth that the classic series was reknown for. Animation-wise, it's what you'd expect.
June 10, 2012
With the talk being put into action already of space travels and space elevators, a futuristic film about the human race, just might be interesting.
½ January 24, 2012
What can I say about 'Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles'? It's a very good sci-fi anime feature featuring a futuristic war between the Invid and humanity fighting to recover their home planet Earth. Even worse than the war is a treacherous mystery that could tear apart heroes and threaten their survival. The action-packed sequences are great, and, oh my goodness, that pink-haired Ariel is so hot to me! This film features excellent voice acting performances such as Mark Hamill and Chase Masterson and great music performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. With my great interest in science fiction flicks, especially anime ones, I'm definitely looking for more 'Robotech'.
December 12, 2011
I grew up watching this serie. The movie gave me more information about Rick Hunter and all the Earth Survivors.
December 9, 2011
Total Crap shoulda done a SENTINELS remake instead!
½ February 8, 2011
Al menos iuntenta contar una historia más de la saga. No tan buena animación... quedamos a la espera de más.
September 5, 2010
I liked this one, reminds me of Battlestar Gallactica! Now I want to see the entire series!
½ July 6, 2010
Un intento desesperado por aprovechar la franquicia de Robotech.
Las naves est√°n tan mal animadas que la pel√≠cula Macross del a√Īo 84 la supera en todos los aspectos.

Ahh, si, Mark Hamill hace la voz de alguien dentro de la película...
April 2, 2010
a great addition that robotech fans havr waited 20 years for. i also wonder if the animation was drawn by the same studios as hentai because there are alot of oversized breast compared to most other anime s of the same genre
½ March 16, 2010
Excellent animation especially for it's vivid coloring techngique, and a decent movie if you know a little about Robotech. If you know *alot* about Robotech you will be able to find alot of flaws and it may not be as enjoyable. Also, the decision to cut between hand-drawn animation and CG (crappy CG, at that) is a curious one and doesn't work well at all. In fact, even if the CG weren't so horrible, the mesh would proably still fail. The characters attmept to be 3-dimensional, but the attempt is not very successful. Overall, passable but far from great and probably not worthy of such a great franchise...
½ March 11, 2010
Filled with plenty of Anime special effects, but lacking good execution and enough originality to make this film worthwhile.
March 1, 2010
Cool sweeping shots of CGI Veritech fighters battling it out in space above the planets, anime bo0bies were too often the scene-stealers. To be continued ending unsatisfying.
January 10, 2010
This is so dumb I am writing the review before the end of the movie.
Pretty pictures, but the whole "spirit" of Robotech is nowhere in sight.

Bringing in familiar characters [Admiral Hunter, Scott and Arial] doesn't do nearly enough to tie this in to Robotech: New Generation.

Lots of hollering and swearing doesn't equal real emotion.

And the "Shadow tech"? What a joke! Supposed to be invisible? Give me a break. They got shot down, shot up, shot all around the clock that I don't even want to think what they're casualty rate WITHOUT the tech would be. It was a cheap plot device.

Pretty much a waste of time and a dishonor to the Robotech legacy.
November 9, 2009
It was good it filled in the ending of the robotech series box set though I dont remember how much due to not watching them in a very long time.