Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Reviews

September 8, 2008
Nice parallel to the Invid War on Earth, but what happened between Robotech Sentinels and the Shadow Chronicles?
September 8, 2008
The Beginning Shadow Saga (Maybe).
September 5, 2008
Lee and Yune attempt to reinvent the cliffhanger at the end of the epic Robotech saga, originally based on three different Japanese animated seies, Macross, Southern Cross, and New Generation Climber Mesopeda. In this film, the expeditionary forces of Earth return to retake the planet from the Invid, and try to find Admiral Hunter, who sends out a distress call that his ship is not able to make the jump to join them. Although not nearly as organic, because it's more CG and cell animation, it still tells a story, which in repeat viewings is not really the expedition's return, but rather, Scot Bernard's reconciliation with the princess, Ariel, an Invid agent who has switched sides. The main problem is that it's so connected with the previous saga it has trouble telling the story without trampling canon.
September 5, 2008
So we got rid of everyone but Scott from new generation and teased more than we accomplished, and super low res ships seriously?
September 5, 2008
Super low res ships, WTF?
½ September 5, 2008
I love Robotech, and glad that Harmony Gold is making something new from the Robotech universe. Hopefully this is not the "end", because there are stories left to be told.

I watched the English audio version, and the singing is just horrible. That is the major gripe I have with it.
September 5, 2008
Big fan of Robotech. Really wanted to like this one. Just seemed really cheesy.
September 5, 2008
amazing, where was I when this show was still running way back when, but it is now my mission to get all of the episodes so I can back track through it. Everyone knows aliens and humans are a good mix. It's just a win win for everyone!!
½ September 5, 2008
Blah! Why.. oh why! Kasdan is working on the new script for the live action movie which should be really good.
August 22, 2008
nada nada NADA podra superar la serie.. la musica pasa sin pena ni gloria.. no rescato nada. que se podra esperar de la pelicula con actores reales?? dios nos proteja!!
½ August 18, 2008
What can I say about "Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles"? It's a very good sci-fi anime feature featuring a futuristic war between the Invid and humanity fighting to recover their home planet Earth. Even worse than the war is a treacherous mystery that could tear apart heroes and threaten their survival. The action-packed sequences are great, and, oh my goodness, that pink-haired Ariel is so hot to me! This film features good voice acting performances such as Mark Hamill and Chase Masterson and great music performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. With my great interest in science fiction flicks, especially anime ones, I'm definitely looking for more "Robotech".
½ July 26, 2008
This was so flippin' COOL! Loved the animation style, 2-D combined with 3-D, just like TITAN A.E. Really cool space battles and nice music. Very cool.
June 30, 2008
very well done,picks up seamlessly with the original series from the '80s
I think you'd have to be familiar with the original series to follow this film.
hopefully this will continue because the film doesnt resolve the storylines.
June 26, 2008
What the Hell is going on this time ???
June 19, 2008
wwwwooooooooooooooowwwww
IT'S AMAZING...
I LOVE IT..
MO.
½ June 15, 2008
Terribly disappointing. Weak story, lackluster characters, and who's stupid idea was it to use 8-bit 80's era cgi for the veritechs??
May 28, 2008
es buena pero le falto un poco el espiritu de ROBOTECH de los 80
½ May 25, 2008
A really good relaunch of the series.
May 22, 2008
Nice return to the Robotech universe we grew with in the eighties, but not an awful lot here for non-fans.
May 15, 2008
I'd never seen the Robotech series, but this was a pretty good movie. I think I would have liked it better had I known the stories of how humanity had gotten repeatedly screwed over beforehand.