Reviews

• Dec 10, 2020

Artistic piece of craziness.

Artistic piece of craziness.

• Dec 29, 2012

Dated, perhaps even crude by modern anime standards. That said, The Starlight Angel segment is hopeless romanticism at its best and holds the attention every time.

• Nov 30, 2010

Excellent anime....watch "Cloud" and if that doesn't grip you - I do not know what will.

• Jun 06, 2010

Pretty good all around. Each segment was pretty short, so I'll excuse the lack of a concise plot from most of them. The animation was great, especially in the opening sequence and the "Franken Gear" segments. The music was pretty good too, so overall, it was a pretty solid movie

• May 22, 2010

If someone were to ask me to recommend them an art film I'd point them towards Robot Carnival.

• Apr 04, 2010

Al más puro estilo Heavy Metal o Animatrix, hay cortos buenos y cortos malos. En general los cortos mudos son los mejores y la animación es buenísima en todos ellos.

• Sep 01, 2009

An amazing collection of short films from acclaimed directors in the animation field, the story goes that they were handed one word on a slip of paper (ROBOTS) and were allowed to let their imagination run rampant for their segments. A visionary and risky film, Robot Carnival is a tour de force of interesting narratives. It certainly has an 80's vibe to it through the music and some of the animation, but overlooking this, the stories are fairly compelling and interesting. While I wouldn't call this Fantasia or Heavy Metal for robots (as it lacks the established music through classic or heavy metal influences) it certainly communicates these shorts in the same epic sort of way and is worth the time to dig out at your local video store if you are a fan of anime in any sort of way.

• Jun 25, 2009

Wonderful animated segment film with all sorts of cool visuals. It's basically a Japanese Fantasia with robots, pretty cool eh?... Favorite segments are definitely Tale of Two Robots and Nightmare.

• Mar 20, 2009

Amazing set of short films. There's a few clunkers in there, but the good ones absolutely make it worth owning.

• Nov 12, 2008

Truly one of the best compilation animated movies of all time. Though not as renowned as Fantasia, it assembles the greatest directors and animators of the eighties and produces a menagerie of visual and audio bliss. Extremely rare in America, it took me a decade to find a copy.