Rock Prophecies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rock Prophecies Reviews

½ August 27, 2012
I enjoyed some of the music and interviews in this film but found Robert Knight's behavior cringe-worthy. It's sad how desperate the photographer is for approval and I felt sorry for him as the young musicians he flattered clearly didn't care about him; they only cared what he could do for them. As it should be. Knight is supposed to be a professional, not their buddy. This documentary is ultimately a cautionary tale for those who thinking hanging with the rock stars will fill something empty inside themselves. Clearly, it does not.
July 14, 2012
This very well made documentary takes an spooky turn when the photographer is told by Stevie Ray Vaughn just before he died, "If anything happens to me, you'll know me when you see me", then 17 years later discovers a 16-year-old who plays like him. The film should have focused on that connection more...the inclusion of the band, Sick Puppies threw off the momentum.
February 22, 2012
Great inspiring documentary about art. It balances Robert Knight's personal story with his professional achievements really well. The editing was also pretty amazing and perfectly appropriate for a rock and roll vibe. Great movie!
January 25, 2012
This is an awesome movie if you like rock & roll and are interested in photography!
February 22, 2011
Enjoyable Rock Doc about a photographer that discovers famous rock musicians before they actually become famous. The insider that continues to find future talent in the current bands Sick Puppies and Panic at the Disco. Also, an up and coming blues guitarist from Texas. Good story, but too much CG graphics along with too much music beds. Entertaining, but also nothing new and nothing great. Overall, so-so.
February 18, 2011
Stumbled upon this gem of a documentary on Netflix streaming. It follows the career of a legendary rock photographer.
February 5, 2011
A film about a photographer trying to be an agent. Don't watch unless you're interested in watching a big-headed photographer talk about his relatively unimpressive run at 'finding' the next star who has already been found.
½ January 17, 2011
An interesting look into the world of music photography, and Robert Knight's interactions with several rock gods are interesting as well considering he is also shepherding several up-and-coming artists.
½ October 18, 2009
A pretty fascinating documentary - not just about this photographer, but about rock-n-roll. A love letter to guitar playing layered around 20+ years of great photos. Definitely worth a watch!
August 19, 2009
Not my kind of documentary.
August 14, 2009
I will only watch this one if I hear anything good about it.
August 14, 2009
Saw this at the International Documentary Association's Docuweek in Hollywood. This is what rock docs should all be. Robert Knight seems to truly care about the young talent that he mentors. I would be hard pressed to find anyone who couldn't find something they enjoyed about this film. Upon leaving the theater, I felt a strong urge to go listen to all of my favorite music on marathon.