Rock Haven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rock Haven Reviews

October 19, 2008
The beautiful scenery is a plus, good cinematography. The story is pleasant, but the dialogue is awkward at times. But over all, it is a very sensitively made, a thoughtful and beautiful film. The acting is good, great score.
October 7, 2008
Another film that actually has some great conflict and character development....but doesn't reach its full potential.
September 27, 2008
I've seen dozens of gay movies and these ridiculous "coming of age/coming out" movies are always the worst. The only positive thing I can think of for this movie is that the actor who portrayed Clifford was very easy on the eyes.
Sadly, one cute guy does not a movie make.
September 1, 2008
I liked that I could relate to the religious struggle that the movie portrayed...
½ August 25, 2008
Typical coming out plot, acting is decent, and the scenes at the beach are overwhelming but still enjoyable. The guys are cute and the nude scene was hot! It is a b-movie after all!
½ August 25, 2008
August 22, 2008
I loved it and eager to watch Latter Days
August 20, 2008
Good movie, story and acting....but a really crappy ending. See Latter Days instead. A much better film all the way around with the same premise of a script.
August 17, 2008
Sweet but predictable. Not to mention what felt like a weakly written screenplay. I have no problem with low budget, that's not the issue here. I can't quite put my finger on it. Was it the acting? The storyline? I don't know, the movie just felt kind of "meh". I've seen a lot better.
August 6, 2008
Has a few moments of promise, but generally a very weak film that does not truly deal with the main issue of textualist Christianity and same sex love.
August 6, 2008
Directing was average - the cinematography was beautiful but was used too much as filler. Writing was average yet the 2 fine leads made the script work. I'm not religious so the story did not resonate but the actors made the situation believable. All that said, I would highly recommend the movie based on the lead acting alone. The sex scene was one of the most believable and intimate scenes I've seen in a gay themed movie - you actually felt that they were dealing with their first time in lieu of lurid sex.
August 6, 2008
Much simpler, quieter, and more romantic than I anticipated. Ending was perhaps a tad cliche, but all in all, I enjoyed the film.
½ July 26, 2008
An interesting film about reconciling one's faith with one's sexuality. Reasonably well-acted but perhaps a little predictable at the end.
July 23, 2008
NOT THERE FOR CLOSED CAPTAIN? THAT NOT FAIR!
½ June 20, 2008
Trite and horrendously acted.
May 27, 2008
Old story, poor performance, but somehow pretty nice athmosphere and Owen Alabado as Clifford is just gorgeous - it just made me wanna watch it!
½ May 14, 2008
The acting in this "movie" is probably the worst I have seen in my life. The people that perform in it are not actors and the thing itself I should not dare call a movie because what it amounts to is something that is well below the classification of movie or film. Horrible.
½ May 6, 2008
Well, low budget film.... Half the movie was landscape pictures...
April 22, 2008
sort of 'come-out' movie...kinda boring but the message is clear!
April 13, 2008
A lot disappointing. Good christian boys do not get to find love and keep love. The scenes of the two boys together are wonderful and really romantic, but why not have to one boy return from Barcelona, when he learns that the love of his life is not going to christian make-over therapy. A better ending and it gets 4.5 stars, but as is it is to average.