Rock 'N' Roll Invaders: The AM Radio DJs Reviews

• Dec 13, 2014

John Triton, and bandmates, spend a weekend at a farmhouse working up some good metal tunes and pure evil. The stunning climax, set to a pulsating metal tune that channels the spirit of "Love Gun", pumps out a can of pure raw rock 'n' roll wamp ass. A movie that will leave you scratching your head. Yes...we accept the challenge. Within the genre of 1 1/2 star movies, this one ranks with the greats.

• Jul 20, 2014

Earnest, clumsy, fumbling, and very low budget. Good music, a lot of heart, and a very peculiar twist into a new direction for the final act make up for much of the missing budget and novice storytelling skill.

• May 01, 2014

Laughably bad 'horror' movie with a great twist.

Laughably bad 'horror' movie with a great twist.

• Aug 19, 2013

An 80s glam rock musician battles demons (or shall I say rubber puppets) while dressed in nothing more than a thong. Enough said.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Jun 22, 2013

Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare is a fun low budget horror film that is tongue in cheek, but is lots of fun due to its ridiculous plot. The film boasts an interesting idea and for the most part work well enough to keep you entertained. Overall this is a decent film that should be seen by fans of low budget cult horror films. Like I said, this is a ridiculous affair, but one that emphasizes all that's good about cheesy 80's horror. The film has its flaws and it does show up on-screen, but the amusing nature of the film makes you enjoy it all in strides. Acting wise, there never are any standout performances, but this type of film that is to be expected. The film is fun, and relies on tongue in cheek performances to deliver effective entertainment. This is not a film for everyone as it is silly, but to those that enjoy low budget horror, Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare is definitely a treat. For all its imperfections, this is a fine piece of 80's nostalgia, and if you come across it, and want to watch a fine example of truly original 80's cheese, then give it a shot. Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare is a decent horror yarn that could have been reworked a bit, but the final product that we see on-screen is a movie that represents perfectly the feel of the 80's metal scene mixed with horror elements to create a memorable low budget schlock fest that will thrill midnight movie fans looking for mindless horror fun. With effective horror sequences, a good soundtrack and interesting concept, Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare is a low budget Cult film that no horror fan should pass up.

• May 22, 2013

A rock band is possessed by demons; unintentional hilarity ensues.

A rock band is possessed by demons; unintentional hilarity ensues.

• Apr 19, 2013

Terrible movie, but the scene where Jon Mikl Thor fights a puppet is amazing.

Terrible movie, but the scene where Jon Mikl Thor fights a puppet is amazing.

• Jan 18, 2013

This film has gained a certain reputation within the interweb circles that I travel as a corny classic of the '80s, so I finally gave it a day in court this past October, and I have to say that it's pretty Goddamned silly but it's so earnest and trying so hard, you have to kinda smile along with it, now don't you? It's basically a long form commercial for the lead Jon Mikl Thor's band, who go to a remote house to work on an album, only to have strange puppet creatures begin to grab them one by one. It's silly as hell, but still a good bit of fun. Rental.

• Graham W Super Reviewer
    Jul 23, 2012

The greatest so-bad-it's-good film of all time. Everyone needs to see this movie at least once. Fantastic lunacy!!!

• May 17, 2012

A cheap, fun and hilarious good time. Awesome soundtrack.

A cheap, fun and hilarious good time. Awesome soundtrack.