Rock School Reviews

• Apr 16, 2012

a heartwarming tale of a man who yells at children :D. but seriously this movie *gasp* rocks! kids learning the ways of rock, plus frank zappa stuff so it's a winner in my book

• Mar 25, 2012

Green's lack of self-control and methods are a little disturbing, but I enjoyed seeing the kids do well. Mostly I loved seeing the brilliant and reserved CJ, who looks like someone destined for fame, and Will O'Connor, who in the end was so articulate and wise for his age...

• Nov 03, 2010

Those who loved 2003â(TM)s School of Rock and want to see a documentary about almost the same thing, youâ(TM)re in luck. Rock School (almost the same title even) features a real life school of rock and documents the events of all involved, impressing the viewer constantly with the talents of these young musicians. As we are taken behind the scenes from start to finish in their journey to being rock stars (at least thus far), we are given a better understanding of what these dedicated musicians go through to achieve victory. Paul Green is given the most spotlights in this nifty documentary as he takes the gold for forming this school, which inspires young (as young as elementary school) musicians to join their band. As many of them have experienced personal problems previously (one loser who reveals his low intelligence and suicide attempts stands out), membership in this school not only gives them a chance to showcase their talent, but builds loads of self esteem! Though it was not only a great idea from the start, this talented group takes their dream to the national level and even wins awards. Making it a dream come true and more than they could ever bargain for. As this one got a straight-to-DVD release, it did not obtain quite as much recognition as it deserved, which is quite a shame as it is the kind of film which warms your heart and may make everyone inspired to chase their wildest dreams. We also get a chance to know each cast member one on one and find out how they came to be where they are, and many of their stories give them even more credibility. Knowing that this is a true story makes it even more treasured. Definitely a quality documentary to be viewed by all movie buffs at one time or another.

• Aug 01, 2010

Very powerful and moving, but it also rocks hard.

Very powerful and moving, but it also rocks hard.

• Jul 29, 2010

way better than school of rock

way better than school of rock

• Jul 18, 2010

If you give your children to a man like this, don't come crying to me on America's Most Wanted later.

• Jan 19, 2010

Adequate documentary with a very unlikeable subject. The Rock School developed by Paul Green is a breeding ground for brainwashing and heavily bad influences. This was a pain to watch. The production was okay, but the teacher totally ruined it.

• Jan 18, 2010

music wasn't as great as I thought it would be and the guy yelling all the time got old...

• Nov 26, 2009

Looks Like school of rock. Yeah i doubt i will ever take the time to sit through this movie.

• Oct 15, 2009