Rockers Reviews

• Jan 04, 2018

My all time favorite Movie.

My all time favorite Movie.

• May 29, 2016

police and thieves can't stop the music...

police and thieves can't stop the music...

• Jul 22, 2013

Colocando de parte a brilhante banda-sonora e o valor que Rockers tem como documento do reggae em 1978, o que sobra é uma história de hustling nem por isso muito interessante, mas com grandes momentos como aquele em que Dirty Harry ocupa a cabine do DJ para improvisar um soundsystem até que a polícia chegue. Também é engraçado ver uns tantos figurões do reggae (Kiddus I, Gregory Isaacs) empenhados num filme que, no fundo, demonstra até onde pode ir o sentido de humor dos rastas. É inevitável compará-lo ao The Harder They Come e a verdade é que perde para esse por 3 a 1, vá lá.

• Aug 31, 2012

Watching with the family, seriously love this movie

Watching with the family, seriously love this movie

• Jan 06, 2012

Okay I watched it. They should of put the subtitles in English, instead of trying to just put down exactly what they were saying, but I could get more then enough to get what was going on. I was actually surprised at the filming quality. Since the film started I couldn't figure out what I was watching or what was going to happen, I had to keep reminding myself it was movie. For some reason my brain kept telling me it was going to be a documentary. I enjoyed it but it felt like it just kind of ended. Left me sitting there like, "That's it? I mean that was neat, but that's how it's going to end? Oh well, time to jam man." At which point I got off the bean bag chair and started jamming to the credits.

• Oct 16, 2011

A movie riddled with Jamaican culture, Rockers is full of good humor, authentic reggae music that will have you tapping along to the beats, and a fun plot. Though the thick accents are difficult to understand, this movie is well worth your time.

• May 10, 2011

One of my favorite. It's a very fun and easy film to watch, the music the story, the locations and who can beat the wardrobe? 'Rockstar' has a nice essay on Rastafarian culture, as well as a glossary of the rasta patois. Although, it is technically poor (very dark) , to all the cast and crew I fully salute and thank you for making a truly classic picture!! :D

• Feb 17, 2011

Reggae drama might be my new favourite genre and this might be in the top-2 of all reggae dramas ever made. Jamaica in the 70's is truly a fairytale country. You can't really take this country and it's inhabitants for real, or you just might can. These black Yoda hippies is so much fun to watch, and to hear. The music is great. Simple movie, but so effective

• Nov 28, 2010

i'm only about 35 minutes in and i'm telling you this rules completely. unless you hate reggae, in which case we probably should not be friends. holy fucking shit. if you don't like this you are probably an asshole.

• Oct 29, 2010

With music by Burning Spear, the late Gregory Isaacs, Peter Tosh, Third World, Bunny Wailer, etc., this is the coolest film ever! "Musical disc from the flick of my wrist to make you jump and twist"